-𝐌ɪ𝐬𝘀𝕚𝐨𝙣 : cᴀ𝑟𝙚-

◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤ ◢◤◢◤◢◤

-💭Author's pov-

Jin: alright. I won't wait for you anymore. I won't wait for you to look at me...and I won't wait for you to like me.
As his words were spoken in a way so seemingly calm, so seemingly unfitting, her head jolted up, as if she'd heard the magic word.
He wasn't waiting anymore.

An unexpected smile appeared on his face. Seokjin himself was afraid of what he said. He was defiantly unsure of the impact those words would have on the both of them.
Y/n couldn't comprehend what he was thinking. Her thoughts were running a million miles per hour. Nothing passed by slowly enough for her to be able to read.

She couldn't see into herself.
Trying to see into him at the same time wasn't of help either.

Jin: what is it Y/n? What is it that concerns you?
She simply looks at him puzzled.
Her mouth opens, vocal cords attempting to speak, but no sound is heard coming from her.

She nods in a sign of affirming continuation, hoping for Jin to go on with what he was saying, her thoughts slowly trying to pick themselves up and connect.

Jin: don't you think it would be better for the both of us? It's been on my mind for a while and I think this is the perfect moment for you to finally know...

Y/n had stopped trying to speak. She was frozen, stuck in a blizzard made up of unclear shards of old thoughts coming back to her in harsh clusters.

All the times she told him no.
All the harsh words Jin didn't deserve to hear.
All those years he stood by her.
And all those years she just couldn't see why.
All those years seemed to have built up only to lead up to this moment for her.

Finally, a sliver in her understands...

Her hopeful eyes don't move from his, waiting for a further explanation, wishing to hear something different from what she was expecting.