4

Ursa's POV:

Jewel held her breath as she frantically swam out of my cave.

I laughed. Young and dumb girls who are in love would do almost anything regardless of the risks. There's no way she truly thought that she could get a human man to fall in love with her in thirty days.

My pet eel zapped me on my tail fin.

"Ouch!" I screeched. "What's your problem?"

He gave me a nasty look.

I rolled my eyes. "Oh calm down, Harold. She'll be dead in thirty days without her beloved." I said.

I waved my hands around the crystal ball and a woman appeared on it. "This is his ex-girlfriend, Jessie. He still loves her. He won't be worried about Jewel." I said.

I let out my maniacal laugh. Once Jewel died, her youth and beauty would be mine.

Michael's POV:

"I can see the shore." Eric said.

"Finally! It's been over an hour." I said.

"Let's not go so far out next time. Let's just see if we can get any fish closer the shore." He said.

I nodded. "That's fair."

As we rode closer to the beach, I could see what looked like a woman laying on the sand.

It was odd to see someone alone on the beach this late. She must've been stargazing.

The closer we got, it was very clear this woman was not stargazing. She was passed out naked on the beach.

"Woah, what the hell?" I said.

Eric looked where the woman was laying. "Is she dead?"

"I'm not sure. I'll have to see." I said.

We reached the shore and I hurried out of the boat toward her.

She was laying on the sand completely naked. All she had was a simple necklace.

30.

She was soaked in ocean water. She would freeze in the cool breeze of the night if she didn't get covering.

I turned away and covered my eyes out of respect for her. "Eric, grab a towel from the boat."

He went back to the boat and came back with a towel.

I laid it over her body. She still remained unconscious.

I knelt down beside her and nudged her shoulder. "Hello? Can you hear me?"

She made no response.

I lowered my head to her chest to listen for a heartbeat. I heard a strong steady one beating in her chest.

"She's not dead." I said, taking a sigh of relief.

"What do we do?" Eric asked.

I shrugged. "I'm not sure. She won't wake up."

"We can't leave her here." He said.

I glanced back at him. "Yeah, I know that."