Prologue

"Yaar iss barish ko bhi aaj hi aana tha! Itne dino se jab bula rahi thi, tab toh nahi aayi aur aaj jab Sunday hai, office ki waise bhi chutti hai, now there you come? Everything is just.. Awesome!"

Holding her bag and the umbrella on one hand and the ice-cream on the other, Mishti is coming back home. But damn this rain! It takes merely 15 minutes from her home to the market but today it seems one hour minimum will take.

"Damn you, partner! Aaj hi barsa do saare ke saare badal. Aapka bhi break up ho gaya hai kya?" Mishti said looking at the sky. She somehow managed to reach the bus stop, at least now she can stand under a roof safely in this heavy downpour.

"This is not done, partner. I was supposed to go on a movie date but you just spoiled my whole plans for the day. Why yaar! I told you yesterday right, maybe this time I will take a step further.." Mishti muttered with a frown while licking the ice-cream. Only God knows how long she is supposed to stand here waiting for the rain to stop...

This rain brings so many memories... Some of them bring a smile to her dull face, then some others would snatch away all the brightness from her soul. But then, isn't life all about these memories?

Be it good or bad, at least they stay with you till the day you get amnesia! Mishti giggled.

Well, one thing she has learned well from life is to smile, even if for the sake of not letting those teardrops drip out of her eyes, but she knows to smile... a smile big enough to hide herself - hide her story...

The Chaiwala nearby turned on the radio.

Jo kahi gayi na mujhse
Woh zamana keh raha hai,
Ke fasana ban gayi hai
Meri baat talte talte...
Wahin tham ke reh gayi hai,
Meri raat dhalte dhalte

Mishti smiled. She knows, this pretty rain comes exactly at the time she needs it the most.

"Dear rain, no matter how much you trouble me, I'm gonna love you anyway."

~~~

5 years...

5 long years...

Abir sighed, indeed a long time! He was finally back to his city.. to his people..

But this rain! It had to come today only. Being stuck in the traffic jam is something he hates the most. "But there you go Abir Rajvansh! Rajkot me pehle din hi tujhse Partner bhi naaraz hai. Everything is just... so awesome!!" Abir looked at the watch. He would have reached his place by now and surprised his Maa.

Maa... how much he missed her! He loved her always, but these 5 years have taught him how useless he is without his Maa. He missed her, in fact, he missed every single thing about Rajkot. Everything he can call his own belongs to this city only. Aah, how excited he was to embrace his Maa after so long.. his home.. his room.. his friends.. these streets.. this sky.. this wind.. everything..

And this rain! It just spoiled all the fun! His surprise comeback is almost spoiled. Abir is frustrated now. He never really liked the rain. And today he got another reason to hate it.

"Bhaiyya, turn on the radio please. This traffic already spoiled the mood. Starting hi kharaab hain Rajkot mein mera." Said a frustrated Abir.

Wahin tham ke reh gayi hai,
Meri raat dhalte dhalte,
Chalte chalte,
Yunhi koi mil gaya tha
Sare raah chalte chalte...

Suddenly out of nowhere he opened the taxi window.

Abir smiled. Who knows if this bad starting leads to a happy ending? This rain comes with so many memories. And this rain belongs to someone special. Can he take this as his welcome gift? After all someone told him long back, rain comes exactly the moment she needs it!

What if this is the sign of finding traces of some old stories?

Maybe for the first time, he let those stupid rain droplets touch his face, intentionally... This rain reminded him of a long lost chapter..

"Only Mishti can love rain so much!"

********************************

So this is my first story here and I have given my best to not make it a mess. As you might guess it already, this story will have no similarities with the show and I'm trying to explore a different theme (which you'll find out as the story progresses :P hopefully) Other characters will be introduced with each chapter.

As I'm intending to finish this story in less chapters, I hope I won't disappoint whoever comes through this. Trust me this is my first try and I'm hell scared to post this. But as they say, first times are always imperfectly perfect, here I am, presenting my story...

A journey of emotions...conflicts...heart...mind...

And Love, Maybe..