Debate Class

Warnings: Swearing

Arabella's  POV: I woke up in my brother's dorm, John was already awake reading a book and drinking tea on a chair.

John: Your up! Are you ok?

Arabella: How did I get here?

John (mumbles): Jefferson brought you.

Arabella:  What did you say?

John: Jefferson brought you last night! Do you remember what happened?

Arabella: Kinda Laf and Maria were making out, then I chugged some vodka-

John: Laf was making out with Maria?!

Arabella: Yes don't remind me, as I was saying I chugged some vodka and I stumbled out of my dorm into the alley, and Charles Lee chocked me out. Something about my brother.

John: Lee is a dead man walking!

Arabella:  Just leave it, what time is it?

John: Shit, we have the big debate in 15!

I ran to Alex's room to get the spare clothes I would keep with him. I throw on a blue hoodie and some black ripped jeans. I slipped on my checkered vans and put my hair into a low ponytail to keep it out of my face. Me and John walked to debate class together as I grabbed a cup of coffee on my way out.

John: You sure you can still debate, Alex said that he can do it!

Arabella No, he gave me the opportunity so I'm taking it. Especially since it's Maria!

John: You didn't get the email?! It got changed to Jefferson!

Arabella: Well this will be fun.

All of my friends were in debate with me including the Schuyler sisters who had just gotten back.

Mr. Washington: You could have been in any class today, but you got parent approval just to watch these 2 debate! The issue on the table, Secretary Hamilton's plan to assume student debt and establish a school fund account at the bank Secretary Jefferson, you have the floor, sir

Thomas: Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. We fought for these ideals, we shouldn't settle for less. These are wise words, enterprising men quote 'em, Don't act surprised, you guys, 'cause I wrote 'em. But Hamilton forgets, his plane would have student government assume stated debts, place you bets on who that benefits. The very seat of government where Hamilton's brother sits!

Arabella: Not true!

Thomas: Oooo, if the shoe fits wear it! If one students in debt why should the whole school bear it? Uh, our debts are paid I'm afraid, don't tax the rest of us our grandparents got it made in the shade! On the other side of town we create, you just wanna move our money around! Her financial plan is an outrageous demand, And it's too many damn pages for any man to understand! Stand with me in the land of the free and pray to God we never see Hamilton's candidacy. Look, when teachers raised the price on tea we got frisky, just imagine what gon' happen you try and take our whiskey!

Mr. Washington: Thank you, Secretary Jefferson. Vice President Hamilton, your response?

Arabella: Thomas, that was a real nice declaration. Welcome to the present, we're running a real school. Would you like to join us, or stay mellow Doin' whatever the hell it is you do in Monticello? If we assume the debts, the students gets new line of credit, a financial diuretic. How do you not get it, if we're aggressive and competitive. The union gets a boost, you'd rather give it a sedative? A civics lesson from an ex-slaver, hey neighbor. Your debts are paid 'cause you don't pay for labor "We plant seeds on the other side. We create." Yeah, keep ranting We know who's really doing the planting. And another thing, Mr. Age of Enlightenment, Don't lecture me about the war, you didn't fight in it. You think I'm frightened of you, man? My brother almost died in a trench. While you were off getting high with the French. Thomas Jefferson, always hesitant with the President, Reticent there isn't a plan he doesn't jettison, Madison, you're mad as a hatter, son, take your medicine Damn, you're in worse shape than the student debt is in Sittin' there useless as two shits. Hey, turn around, bend over, I'll show you where my shoe fits.

Mr. Washington: Thank you Ms. Hamilton! I will return after a brief recess.

Mr. Washington goes to his office. I suddenly feel too arms wrapped around me. I turn around and smile.

Arabella: Alex!

Alexander: Bella! You did so good!

Thomas: I could disagree, you didn't have to bring up Maddison's health!

Alexander: Well she did what she had to do to win!

Thomas started to lunge towards Alex, he was about to punch him when I blocked him.

Thomas: S-sorry-

Arabella: Whatever, c'mon Alex.

We walked to the back of the class with all of our friends.

John: Alex, I didn't get the chance to tell you what happened last night.

Alexander: Ooooo, spill the tea!

John: So I was watching the little mermaid when I heard a knock on the door. I opened it and Jefferson was holding and unconscious Bella-

Alexander: Why did Jefferson have you in the night?!

Arabella: It's not what you think, he saved me! Charles Lee choked me out in the alley and he tried to stop it, I don't know what happened after exactly but he carried me to your dorm.

Alexander: Why were you in the alley?

John: Laf kissed Maria!

Alexander: Bella, where you dating Laf?!

Arabella: No, well I have no idea it's complicated!

Lafayette: Hey Bella.

Angelica: You broke my best friend's heart Laf! 

Arabella: Angie it's ok. If Laf was not the one than that's final.

Lafayette: I'm so sorry Bella, I don't know why I did that, I hope we can be friends again.

I couldn't resist his sexy thick French accent.

Arabella: I forgive you!

Mr. Washington comes inside the classroom 

Mr. Washington: Jefferson Ms. Hamilton, You two are going to tag team debate against Maria and Lafayette. If you don't win then I will downgrade your dorm to a one bedroom one bed and make you too share it, is that clear!

Arabella and Thomas: Yes sir!

Alexander: You better win this debate!