Voodoo (Dr. Facilier X Reader)

You hovered across the street, pacing the sidewalk. You had been debating the whole day as you'd made your way here, was this really the best decision for you? There had to be better ways to get what you wanted... But no. You'd tried everything else, for once in your life you wanted to be brave. You wanted to be able to change yourself.

Ever since you were a child, you'd been shy. Quiet. Different. You had never been like the other kids and as such, you'd often be teased and tricked. That was all going to end today. There had been whispers from everywhere that in the middle of New Orleans there was a man who practiced voodoo. His methods were sketchy, and he wasn't the most reliable, but he was your only hope.

You looked up at the alley that you'd been pacing in front of for the better part of half an hour. If you didn't do it now, you'd never do it. You had to do this.

You marched through the alley, shakily approaching the door and gently tapping it. There was no response. Nothing. You let out a sigh of relief. Maybe the mysterious voodoo man wasn't home. Maybe he was busy with somebody else. You turned on your heel, making your way back to the safety of the streets. You began to walk, looking down at your feet, grateful you didn't actually have to talk to anyone.

"Were you looking for me?" A voice asked and you looked up, seeing a scraggly man in a top hat and a very well tailored suit. He wasn't handsome in a traditional sense, but you could see how someone could possibly think him so, he wasn't hideous.

"N- no. I..."

"You want a little help with all... that." He waved his hand gesturing to all of you. How he knew that you'd never know. He was meddling with dark spirits, things you didn't really understand. There were probably a hundred things he knew about you that you hadn't told him yet.

"Y- Yes, sir. But if it's too much trouble..."

"Nonsense." He wrapped an arm around your shoulders, leading you back to his place. You let him guide you. "When I'm through with you, you won't even recognize yourself."

You glanced over your shoulder as he shut the door behind you. Your parents had always told you that dabbling in things like this would get you hurt or worse, killed. You were playing a dangerous game letting this continue on. But you had to. This was your only hope.

"Why don't you tell Dr. Facilier what exactly you want my help with.'

You took a deep breath and nodded. Sometimes you had to get your hands a little dirty to achieve the things you wanted in life. Was that so wrong?