1🌸

It's spring, at Karasuno High, finally. The end of my first year of high school is coming to an end. I've met so many people, made so many friends, and then it happened. 

"I c-can't breath." I gasped, the air that filled my lungs felt as if I was inhaling air from the depths of hell. I grasp my stomach, trying to breathe, but it felt as if the air was slowly leaving my lungs. Then, it happened. Flowers. Flowers of all assortments began to come from my mouth, choking it out. Shocked in horror, I ran, I ran as fast and as far as my legs could take me. I ran to the point where fire was in my lungs. I slammed open the door of the hospital, choking on flowers with each and every step. 

My leg taps on the cold hollow ground of the Hospital. 9 pm. I've been waiting for the results of my test from when I passed out back at 3. 

"Hinata Shoyo?"

I immediately stood up, making my way over to where the nurse had lead me. The doctor turned around, before closing the door, sighing.

"I'm sorry to say this but you have exactly 1 month left to live before the grief in your heart consumes you and you become a flower. "

"B-but is there anything I can do?" 

"No, unless you can get them to love you back romantically, I'm afraid to say that you don't have much left to live."

Anyone was stupid enough to not know what Hanahaki was. It was told to every child as a bedtime story. It's where there was a girl who loved this boy so much that flowers began to fill her lungs and heart. It was where every moment felt like her last, where she knew she too herself wouldn't last. 

Legends say that she was able to cure it by getting him to love her back, but some say she never got to tell him and ended up as a flower. 

"Unless, Hinata, you no longer want to love again." 

"Huh?"

"We can take out the tumour from your heart, but that means you won't be able to love them or anyone else ever again." 

I thought about it for a while, my head slumped. 

"I understand, thanks doc, I'll take my leave."

He nodded, where Hinata then left the hospital. 

"1 month to live, huh?" 

I walked my way back up the mountain, towards my house. 

"To think that I only have one month to live." 

--------------

Hinata made his way back to his house, slumping on his bed. His parents had been out for work and his sister was already asleep. He reached his hand out in front of him, clenching his fist. To think that it would pain me this much to love you...all of you.

Hinata ran to the bathroom, coughing out more flowers. Roses, Lilies, Lavender, you name it. One to signify his love for each of the men in his life. 

Kageyama, Tsukishima, Oikawa, Atsumu, Osamu, Sakusa, Tendou, Ushijima, Akaashi, bokuto, Kuroo, and finally Kenma. 

🌸

Delphinium - Blue -Kageyama

Chrysanthemum - Green -Tsuki

Hydrangea - Light blue - Oikawa 

Daffodil - yellow - Atsumu 

Gypsophila - white - Osamu 

Pansies - Black - Sakusa 

Roses - Red - Tendou

Lavender - purple - Ushijima 

Lilies - Pink - Akaashi 

Artemisia - silver - Bokuto 

Poppies - Red - Kuroo 

Bearded Iris - Yellow - Kenma

🌸

He laughed hysterically, tears dripping down his face. Oh, how it hurts to love. He poured all of the flower petals into the toilet bowl, flushing it down. Why won't my grief flush down as easily? He sighed, making his way back to his bed, closing his eyes. Periodically throughout the night, he would cough up petals. When he awoke, his bed was covered with dried flowers and blood. 

Hinata got up, getting ready for the school day, not knowing how to tackle it on. He knew that he had 29 more days to live,  29 days until the end of what was supposed to be Hinata's first year of high school. 

He didn't know how to break the news to his parents, how he was supposed to tell them he wasn't going to get the surgery to live. I mean he would rather die than to never love again. To never be able to smile like he once used to. His parent's of course would probably not respect his decision, who would want to see their kid die? 

I made my way downstairs, tired. 

"Good morning Nii-Chan!" 

Natsu beamed like the sun. 

"Morning Natsu." 

"Morning, Shoyo! Breakfast is almost ready!"

"Morning ma!"

Hinata sat down at the table, before he began to choke up again. He started coughing, his mother turned around, mortified at the sight. He had coughed up petals from flowers. 

"Shoyo? Shoyo???" 

His mother ran towards him, looking back at his hands then his face. "Shoyo..."

His mother began to cry, cradling her son in her arms. "Shoyo, you're going to be alright, okay? We're going to get through this."

Hinata gulped, looking at his mother in the eyes. "I'm not getting the surgery."

His mother nodded, holding him close. "How much longer do you have..."

"29 days."

She paused, caressing her son's face." 

"It's more than enough time. I love you Sho, okay?"

He nodded, his mother then kissed his head. 

"Then live these days to the fullest, alright sho? No regrets." 

Hinata began to cry, nodding. His sobs were loud and painful. Agony filled tears left his face, where he cried the feeling of pain he couldn't handle anymore. 

He sat at the dining table crying, to the point where each sob came with a flower. 

"I hope that when I'm not around, you'll still be able to live your life to the fullest, ma." 

She nodded, hugging her sweet little boy as if it were the last time she was going to be able to hug him.

"I will Sho, now c'mon, it's time for you to get to school."

He nodded, leaving the house, hopping on his bike and making his way to school.