eleven

lucille granger

"And why do you care?" I lead on, inching towards him and taking a seat next to him on the couch.

"You-. You're going to ruin the fucking friend group or something now that you're together." He muttered under his breath.

"We aren't even together, Malfoy. Plus, even if we were, how would that affect anything? Blaise and Onyx are practically together."

"But that's how it has always been. They've been on and off for years now. You and Lorenzo-. It doesn't make sense. It would be weird."

I shook my head and looked away from him, laughing while rolling my tongue across the inside of my cheek. "Unbelievable. I understand that you can't stand to see me somewhat happy, Draco Malfoy, but you're just going to have deal with it for once. I've spent years dealing with your bullshit and you are a complete fool if you think I'm going to stay away from Lorenzo because you think its going to 'ruin the friend group.'"

He sighed and sat upright, muttering something under his breath while placing his elbows against his knees, gripping onto his hair for a moment before tilting his head back upwards to face me.

"What was that you said?" I jeered. "You're probably calling me a mudblood or something. Don't waste your breath. It doesn't affect me anymore, do you know why? Because of Enzo."

We met eye contact for a moment - I noticed his eyes. There was something different about them. Grey, as per usual. I always acknowledged their beauty, but today, they looked tired. Drained of energy. It made me feel a smidge of remorse for him; I had been bickering with him, and he didn't seem as if he were in the mood.

He was usually cocky, arrogant and rude although he seemed a bit out of it today.

Why did I feel bad? I did not know.

It's who I was.

He interrupted my thoughts when he murmured, "I'm sorry, Granger. I'm sorry for the things I've said to you. I-. It wasn't right."

I gazed at him, astonished by the words that just left his mouth.

"I don't expect your forgiveness, but-. I would appreciate it," He continued.

He had stuttered as he went through with his apology, and he leaned back onto the cushion of the couch as he sighed and looked into my eyes, searching for a response. He did so in a mysterious way, as though he didn't want to look too desperate.

Draco Malfoy could never look desperate.

Firstly, I was taken aback. I never in the least would have expected this to happen. A real apology. It almost made me wonder if he was joking.

Secondly, I wondered why he asked for my forgiveness today, the day he learned that I had slept with his best friend.

There was no way that he apologized because he felt something for me. He himself had announced that he was too good for me - that people of my kind, mudbloods, deserved only each other and nothing greater.

I raised an eyebrow as I looked at him. "I'll consider your apology."

"When will I know?" He asked casually.

"You will know when I know myself. I've spent years being put down by you, Malfoy. I'm sure you can wait a little while," I snapped.

"Of course," He whispered, putting his arms on the couch and pushing himself up to stand. "Good night."

"Good night," I whispered, getting up as well. I shined a small smile at him, which earned me back a weak one. He turned around and started towards the boys' dorm area.