Chapter 14

"Fake it. Fake it all. Make them believe it. Gain their trust. Make him fall in love with you. Don't stop until you have Mito dead. I want him to suffer miserably."  She smirked at me.

"Yes ma'am. I will do my best." I nodded.

"Good lad. Now go." I rushed off, heading to my destination. There he was, standing in the middle of nowhere.

Time to act.

=============

~Gon's Pov~

"Brady. Tell me now." I grit my teeth, staring into his eyes.

"Gon, I swear this wasn't me! I've been gone this whole time!" he replied.

"I said I HATE LIARS." I clenched his t-shirt.

"Don't lie to me. I'm not as stupid as you think I am." I growled.

Sorrow began to fill my eyes.

"How could you, Brady?" A tear formed in my eye.

"How could you hurt Mito-san?" I let go of him, dropping to the floor on my knees. Looking down, I noticed my tears puddling on the floor.

"How could you hurt her?" I repeated, waiting for an answer.

"Gon, it wasn't me, I swear." he repeated, reassuringly. I looked up and glared at him.

"You're such a liar."

==============

~Leorio's pov~

"Damn, Mito. This man got you good. What happened to you?" I asked aloud, scratching the back of my head. I sighed, after bandaging her up. I poured ointment onto her wounds before hand, and cleaned her for any infections.

I checked her heartbeat and pulse. She was still alive, thankfully. I smiled.

You're such a fighter.

I checked her temperature not long after. The Thermometer read, '101.4,'. 'Fever? Not good.'

I sighed. I looked around and noticed a water fountain. I quickly grabbed a rag out of my briefcase, and went to the water fountain. I wet it with water and ringed it out. It's cold enough, so it should do. I walked back to the woman and placed the rag on her forehead.

"You'll be alright." I smiled, reassuring her in her slumber. She seemed to wince in pain for a minute, as her eyes slowly fluttered open. She looked around the room a bit and then looked at me. Her eyes grew wide for a moment, until she closed them a bit due to pain.

"Who-"

"Mr. Leorio. You don't remember? I'm Gon's friend." I waved in her face, cutting her off.

She smiled gently. 'Now I see where Gon gets that incredible smile from.'

"Thank you for taking care of me, and.. thank you. For being Gon's friend." she smiled, before going back to sleep.

I sat there, my mouth quivering.

Why did I want to cry from those words?

______________________

~Gon's Pov~

"You mean to tell me.. it really wasn't you?" I stood there motionless, filled with rage and sorrow.

"No Gon. It wasn't me. Stop being stupid." He replied in irritation, pinching the bridge of his nose.

I grabbed Brady's hand and twisted it, throwing him against the wall.

"If I find proof that it was actually you," I started,

"Then I won't hesitate to end your life. Because, Brady, I hate liars. But what I hate most, is that you lied about almost killing my only family figure I have left. My aunt- My Mother. So I swear on my life I will kill you." I finished.

He sat there, looking at me like I was dumb, but also with fear in his eyes. He was wincing in pain.

"Mark my words Brady." I growled. I walked back into the office, leaving Brady behind.

I opened the door slightly to not startle Leorio. Once I was fully in, I closed the door and knelt down beside Leorio and Mito. Leorio looked up at me and back at Mito.

"Oh, hey Gon. Mito is doing fine, she was awake for a minute earlier. She should be waking up in about an hour or so? Maybe. I think it would be best if she went home and got some rest." He said, looking down at her.

I wrapped my arms around Leorio, hugging him tightly.

"Thank you, Leorio." I felt arms wrap around me as well.

"Sure thing." we hugged for a moment. Then all of a sudden, we heard the breaking of glass in the distance.

I whipped around quickly to see a short figure wearing a black jumpsuit and mask. She looked like she had the body of a girl. She quickly picked up Brady and dipped.

"Well shit." I murmured.

"What's wrong?" Leorio asked.

"Either Killua was right about Brady, or he just got kidnapped." I sighed.

"I'm so stupid."

"You're not stupid, Gon!" Leorio yelled, smacking me in the back of my head. I smiled slightly as I rubbed the back of my head.

"Okay, Leorio." I stood up slowly. I guess its time to go find him. I pushed open the glass door and ran out to the front of the school.

"Why did all this have to happen as soon as I get to see Killua?" I sighed. I looked around to see if there was anything left behind for me to determine where the hell Brady could be.

No sign of anything.

"Well I don't care for him much anyways." I chuckled.

"Now, I just want to kill you."

In the blink of an eye, Killua popped up in front of me with Alluka.

"Hey Gon. Where's Brady?" Killua asked.
______________________________

Hi guys. I made a new story :0 Good news right? Its called Alligator and Crocodile 😟🙏 sorry for not updating in a while :(
thanks for reading <3