Chapter-11

Cara Jones's POV

"Where should I start?", I asked as I tried to move from his lap, but hr held me in place.

"Who is David?", he asked looking into my eyes.

I sighed looking down.

"David was my husband".

"Was?", he asked shocked.

"Yes. We are divorced".

"Divorced? Why?", he asks again with same shock.

"I will start from first", I said and took a deep breathe.

Ace was having a serious expression. I looked at him and let my breathe that I took in out. How am I going to say?

"David and I met in a our college. We became friends and soon our relationship bloomed into attraction and then love. David said he always loved me from the first time he saw me. I felt happy around him. We are so much in love.

Many people said he was dangerous, but I never listened to them. I should have listened to them. I am orphan so no one was there to accept or reject our relationship. David came out of his house when he was eighteen, We lived in same house that we brought in the last year of university.

We were happy. My only friend is Siara. She was happy that I am happy. He made me feel special and that I am his life. I am so deeply in love. He is so much possessive. He can't bear another man looking at me. He once punched a guy on our date cause he was looking at me.

After our completion of studies we got jobs, but David didn't want me to do job. So I quit it. He proposed me to marriage and I instantly said yes.

At first it was my dream of having a life with love came true, but then slowly everything started to change. He started shouting. I thought it was work pressure. No. It was not. He one day slapped me. Then he said sorry and everything became normal again. Slowly he kept beating me.

I did everything to not make him angry. His anger is something that I didn't want to face. He locked me in his house", I said and tears are falling unstoppably. Ace tensed whenever I said he hurt me. Rage is clear in his eyes.

"Then he kept torturing me. He beat me. He beat me with his belt, stick or whatever is available to his hand. He used me. He abused me.

I trusted him a lot. He is the only person I trusted and loved after my parents died and he did all this. What have I done wrong? I didn't understand. Bu he is a psycho. He scares me. Even now.

I don't know what I did to deserve this. I once tried to take my life away due to his torture. It's almost death and even bad. I prayed for god to help. No one came. I mas alone. I was scared. I changed from a happy girl to a weakling. I lost hopes on my life.

But luckily Siara some how found out abut it. She took video of what he did to me and helped me escape. We went to court for divorce. I was kept hidden till then so that David doen't threaten me. We showed videos to the judge and he is now in jail.

But what scares me most is the words he said before going to jail, 'I will come back for you my love, but this time I will not let you slip'.

I am so scared he will come back and take me to that world that I didn't want. I will kill myself if I hav-", Ace stopped me by putting his fore finger on my lips stopping me.

I am looking into his eyes with my teary eyes. He wiped them away shaking his head.

"No, a beautiful girl like you should never cry", he said and kissed my forehead.