Work

I walk in and notice that it is pretty busy. A lady walks over to me and asks if I want a table or booth, but I just ask to see her boss. This leads to her bringing me through the kitchen into a little back room where a lady was sitting there. I had noticed that all of the waitresses are, well, girls and there are two men, about 30 something, who were working in the kitchen who seem to be the cooks.

"Hey what can I help you with?" She asks me, getting straight to the point.

"Well, I was wondering if you guys were hirings. I will be willing to do anything you need me to, but I can only work on the weekends because I have school and another job so I can't work at all during the week, but like I said if you need me to work all day on the weekends I would be more than happy to do so."

She looks at me and thinks for a moment, "You got yourself a deal young man. I don't know if you notice, but I only got waitresses out there and if I want to keep my lady customers happy I need to give them some eye candy, and honey, you are exactly what the doctor prescribed. And on top of that none of my girls want to work the weekend, so they would be more than happy to let you on board." I had no idea what the hell she was referring to, but all I heard was that she was going to hire me!

"Really that is so awesome. Thank you so so much! So what time do you want me to work and how much is it an hour and I can come on Saturday? I mean I know it is only two days from now, but I can start as soon as you want me to. Or if you want me to come in tomorrow so I can learn everything I can do that, that way I can be ready on Saturday. And it is okay for me to come tomorrow because school doesn't start up again until Monday." I start to feel like I'm Midoriya or something, for how fast I was talking and how much I was saying.

The lady laughs at me. "Slow down there honey. Firstly, my name is Hina and what is yours?"

"Katsuki."

"Well that name just rolls off the tongue doesn't it? Oh everyone is just going to love that. Now your shift will be from 8 am to 6 pm, which will be 10 hours on both Saturday and Sunday. That would be great if you could come in tomorrow and I will have one of the girls show you the ropes and even take the lead for a little bit and of course it will be paid so that should peak your interest. Also you are allowed a meal during your break, but no dessert! Now, discussing your salary, I will start you off at 900 yen per hour, but if you bring in as much business as I hope you do, I will give you a raise. But you can't say anything to any of the girls because I'm not giving them a raise. But you will only get one if you are able to bring in a lot of customers and if you are good at your job. That means almost no mistakes. And I will have your weekly salary, well your money for working Saturday and Sunday at the end of your shift on Sunday, so make sure you come check with me before you leave on Sunday or else you won't get paid. Oh yeah, and you get to keep all of your tips. Whatever tables you are in charge of, those are your tips and your tips only. Don't let the girls trick you into giving your tips away. Now I will see you here tomorrow at 8 am sharp. And don't worry about clothes or anything. I will have a uniform ready for you when you get here, but after that you are in charge of your uniform. Have a good night Katsuki!"

"Thank you so much and don't worry I am going to try and bring in as many customers as possible and I won't mess up! Thank you again and I'll see you tomorrow." I wave goodbye to Hina and the waitress that let me in before leaving.

This is such an amazing day. I got two jobs that are willing to work around my schedule and both of my bosses seem really nice and I can't believe that I am going to be able to live on my own. Just a few days ago I didn't know if I was going to have money for food or anything else, but now I am going to get paid every day and I get free meals every time I work. This is just so great. I can't believe that everything in my life is starting to turn around. I won't get beat by my mom anymore, Kirishima actually thinks that we are friends, and now I have two amazing jobs with two amazing bosses. I can save up my money and I won't have to worry about food, plus I get to stay at the dorms for the next few months and not have to worry about finding a place to sleep (well once Monday comes).