Chapter 9 - His Arrival

2 years later....

Mr. Red sighed, he knows time is running out, he knows that he must send his two sons out to find and create the Hero as foretold in the prophecy...or rather yet, the false prophecy. He knows the truth behind the prophecy, he knows that sooner or later they will find Sabre. He shakes his head and looks at the photo of himself, Yellow king, a sixteen year old Red Steve and a recently turned eleven year old Sabre, smiling in joy.

Mr. Red smiled softly, yet sadly.

He was startled out of his thoughts when he was suddenly hugged by someone, unsure who it was, he looked, only to relax. Seeing it was only just Yellow king.

To clarify some things, Mr.Red went to see the Yellow King in the Yellow Kingdom, since it's been quite a long time since they both had time on their own. The Yellow King kissed Mr.Red's forehead. "What wrong?" Yellow King asked with concern in his tone, Mr.Red sighed and turned away from him, but didn't leave the hug.

Yellow King frowned, he can tell something is bothering Mr.Red, but he wasn't exactly sure what that said something would be. He quietly sighed and leaned on his head. "It's been awhile since we had our time to ourselves, how are the kids?" Yellow King instead asked, Mr. Red smiled. " Red Steve is officially eighteen and Sabre is now thirteen years old, but I think he's mentally younger in terms of purity." Mr.Red answered with a small smile.

Yellow King nuzzles his neck, seeing as he's taller than the Red Steve in front of him, the said Steve blushes. "Yellow King? What are you doing?" He asked, Yellow King just smiled. "Just hugging you, nothing more." He answered, kissed his neck a little, then kissed his cheek, getting him to giggled. The two just talked more about the little things they missed and about Red Steve and Sabre.

Until the moment was short-lived when the whole castle suddenly shaked.

Startled and surprised, a Yellow Guard entered the room with haste. "Sire! There's an army of Darkness led by a Yellow Steve! The very same Yellow Steve that fell to corruption." He told them with frantic haste, Yellow King looked horrified and Mr.Red was scared. They never thought that this would ever happen to them now.

Yellow King and Mr.Red looked at eachother, then at the Yellow Guard. "Evacuate the kingdom, make sure no Yellow Steves get harmed. Fight off the Darkness as best as you can, if not, retreat." He commanded, the Yellow Guard nodded and left the room in a haste. The Yellow King looked at Mr.Red. "You need to get back to the kids." He said, Mr.Red shakes his head. "No, I want to stay, I can't leave you. I know the kids are safe in the Orange Village, Red Steve can take care of his brother. You and I know I won't leave." Mr.Red firmly answered, looking at Yellow King with determination.

Yellow King smiled softly. "You have always been stubborn. Come on, we need to figure out what's going on and stop this battle." Yellow King told him, Mr.Red nodded and followed after Yellow King.

*

(A/N: Welp- Skipping the fights and what not and right to the more important bits OwO)

Yellow King glared at the steve in front of him, he held his broken arm, having been greatly injured during the battle. "Yellow Steve, you can't just-" Yellow King's speech was cut off when he was suddenly lifted into the air, with the unknown Steve gripped on their neck. "Now now Yellow King, I'm no longer "Yellow Steve'' Oh no. I'm now The Nightmare King." The newly named Nightmare King said as he threw the now dethroned Yellow King to the wall. Some of the remaining Guards went to Yellow King and helped him, while the guards stood in front of them.

Trying to protect their true king.

Nightmare King chuckled. "I suggest you leave, if not...." Nightmare King trailed off as one of the darkness dragged a very badly injured and unconscious Mr.Red. Angered and worried, Yellow King growled at Nightmare King in anger. "What. Did. You. Do!" Yellow King growled in anger, Nightmare King just chuckled. "I'll return him...If you surrender your throne, the Yellow Crystal and never come back." Nightmare King said with a dark chuckle. "I will give up my throne, but not the Crystal!'' The Yellow King growled in anger.

Nightmare King hums a little, as the Darkness holds a knife to Mr.Red neck, which got Yellow King to growled dangerously. "Hm, what about those kids? Hmm? You don't want them to get hurt don't you?" Nightmare King Taunted, getting Yellow king to growled dangerously.

Having no other choice, he came to a decision. He had a defeated look, his guards understood very well why he did. He could not risked the safety of his family, and there child that holds a very very important gift, more powerfuller than what they can guess.

Nightmare King chuckled.

"I....Accept defeat."