1. Demons

1.
Trixie.
‘Demons are evil’ utter tosh if you ask me. There's a small group of demons that give the rest of us a bad name but mostly they're a really fun group of beings. Most of us were originally angels but did something incredibly stupid (and/or funny it depends how you look at it) and ended up in ‘hell’.

My name is Bellatrix Lilith Black or Trixie for short and I'm a demon and I'm here to prove that not all demons are bloodthirsty mortal killing monsters. Originally, I was sent to heaven because I did nothing wrong and was brutally burned at the stake anyway. However, I'm now sat in the corner of an all girls school dorm room writing this with my sister and best friends. Life - or should I say death - took an interesting turn when I pulled one too many pranks and annoyed the hell out of the high council of heaven and ended up in hell and then in another turn of events I find myself (almost) stuck on earth solving a murder in a school I'm not supposed to be attending.

When I ended up in hell I was originally appalled to find my hair had gone from brown and blonde to brown and red and my beautiful blue eyes had changed to yellowish orange cats eyes (with the incredible night vision might I add) but I grew into the new look and now I love it.

My best friend is Valerie Karma, a fellow demon. We met in hell and have been almost inseparable ever since. In my opinion they have the coolest eyes out of all of us, their eyes are purple with twisting snakes for the pupils and if you don't think that they're cool then honestly you're a strange being.

As ‘ethereal beings’ we can perform some kind of ‘magic’. However, I had a small amount of magic in my mortal life which apparently weakens the magic you can do after that. No one told me this until I asked why I was struggling to do simple things like change my eyes to fit into the mortal world. Apparently I can't unless I try so hard I almost knock myself out with the effort, so I'm condemned to having to wear super cool steampunk sunglasses in public (I'm not complaining!)

I'll pass the book onto Mayah so she can tell you about the angels…

This is actually a rewrite of the original opening chapter because the original one was honestly terrible :)

Enjoy the rest of the story!