S I X

"𝑫𝒐 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒌 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒉𝒂𝒕𝒆 𝒖𝒔?"

"𝑮𝒐𝒅, 𝑰 𝒉𝒐𝒑𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒅𝒐."

After leaving the ballroom, the blush in (Y/n)'s face refused to settle. Little dancer? Who does he think he is? The nickname affected her more than she cared to admit. She thought of the way he said it and the teasing smirk on his stupidly handsome face and the blush came back in full force. She was practically jogging to her suite to make it look like overexertion rather than what it really was.

"I'm late, I know. I am sorry, I was caught up in the music that the orchestra was playing." She called to Lily as soon as she entered. The girl popped her head from her room and shook her head at her friend.

"Hurry up, you know how long this process takes. It's one thing to be fashionably late but you will make as actually late. I was going to ask you to tie my corset but you need to bathe. Ring the bell for me, we can call the ladies." Y/n blushed at the fact that she was the one being lectured. Usually, it was the other way around. She stripped her self quickly and jumped in her tub. She was lucky the ladies in waiting prepared the bath with her favourite scents. She would be sure to thank them. 

One of the younger girls was already waiting with a robe for Y/n. She had to do her makeup and hair before she could put the dress on. Two girls worked on her hair while she did her own makeup. She wanted to look elegant tonight. She knew the other women would cake on the rouge and powder, she was going for the opposite effect. Her hair was styled in a gorgeous up-do, pulled away from her face and accentuating her features. She was truly a beauty. Finally, the most exciting moment, the dress. Her dress was a delicious, deep red. The material was an expensive velvet that fit against her body beautifully. Even the corset wasn't bothering her that much. Madame CeCe had already outdone herself and it was only the first night.

It was paired with a black shawl and fan along with gold jewellery that she had brought from home

It was paired with a black shawl and fan along with gold jewellery that she had brought from home. She was a vision. She thanked her girls profusely before slipping on her shoes and stepping out of her room. She was treated with the sight of her best friend. 

Lily's dress was a lovely velvet fabric, the same as (Y/n)'s only hers was a deep blue. Her sleeves were puffy and the dress billowed heavily. It wasn't her usual style considering she wore lightweight and easily maneuverable dresses but she adored the way it looked on her. She wore her long hair down with blue roses pining it away from her face. She wore no makeup aside from light rouge and her shawl and fan were a delicate, lacey white. She wore silver jewellery along with her family crest.

"Oh, don't you look marvellous!" Lily gushed as she walked to Y/n

"I could say the same to you, fair lady. You don't happen to be married, do you?"

"I'm married if you are the one I am married to," They laughed together before Lily pulled out some red roses. "For you, madame. Only the finest for you." She curtsied as she presented the flowers to her friend.

"Thank you very much, love. Let us go and watch the jaws drop when we enter together."

"It is like you read my mind."

~~~~~

They were one of the last to arrive despite the fact they were staying in the palace. 

"Introducing, Lady (Y/n) (L/n) of House (L/n), Heiress of the (L/n) legacy." She heard the crowd silence before she stepped out from behind the doors. The smile on her face never faltered as she descended the stairs with grace. Several young lords stood at the foot of the stairs with their hands outstretched, ready for her to take. She barely even glanced at them. She moved to the side of the stairs, waiting for her friend.

"Introducing, Lady Liliana Lancaster of House Lancaster, the Lily of the West." Lily was just as elegant. Her fan was already opened and lightly moving, she too didn't spare a glance to the young lords and immediately made her way to her friend's side. 

"Let's do our rounds, shall we?" They moved around the room and eyes followed their every step. Polite smiles and nods were sent their way. Occasionally, they stop for a quick chat, establishing connections and well wishes before moving on. Finally, they were at the front of the room where the king sat in all his glory on his throne.

"Your Grace." They curtsied and spoke in unison while the king smiled fondly at the two girls.

"Good evening, ladies. Please rise. You both look lovely. Come, stand beside me, let's chat." They moved beside the king and it was as if the jealousy flowed in a wave. Everyone knew that by the end of the three nights, one of them would be their future queen. The other women scowled deeply as they watched the two women laugh at whatever it was the king had said. That should be me! Who do they think they are, rubbing their success in our faces like that? I will be queen, I will marry Prince Ushijima! 

Their jealousy was cut short when the announcer appeared again.

"Introducing, Lord Satori Tendou of House Tendou, the richest Lord in the East Kingdom and future Hand of the King."

"Introducing, Crown Prince Wakatoshi Ushijima, Future King of the Eastern Kingdom."

The entire room fell into their bows and curtsies while Wakatoshi and Satori scanned the ballroom from the top of the stairs. They took note of the two women who stood beside the king before descending. The crowd parted for them, their heads still hung low as the two men moved to the platform where the King sat and the two beautiful women stood. They faced the crowd again. 

"You may rise," Wakatoshi's deep voice sounded out and resonated through the whole room. "Thank you for attending tonight. I look forward to meeting you all and finding the future queen of the East. Please enjoy your evening here." He turned to his father and dipped his head slightly, the weight of the crown on his head reminded him not to bow too low. Satori did the same beside him. His jewellery symbolizing his importance was the heavy ring on his right middle finger with the symbol of the crown, and the ring on his left middle finger with his house crest. Their eyes moved back to the two women who were watching them both curiously. 

Y/n's mission was about to truly start but little did she know of the slight change in plans that would meet her along the way.