E L E V E N

"𝑾𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒎𝒆 𝒕𝒐𝒏𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕, 𝑳𝒊𝒍𝒊𝒂𝒏𝒂?"

"𝑰'𝒍𝒍 𝒅𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒂𝒔 𝒍𝒐𝒏𝒈 𝒂𝒔 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕, 𝑾𝒂𝒌𝒂𝒕𝒐𝒔𝒉𝒊."

Y/n and Lily didn't get a chance to speak to each other. By the time they finished with their respective partners, it was getting late and they needed to get ready. Lily seemed to be in a better mood so Y/n thought it would be best to talk the next day. Lily had forgotten what was even troubling her after her day with the prince. 

Since they weren't running as late today, Y/n and Lily helped each other with their dresses and hair. Baths were already drawn for both of them with fragrances and flower petals. Their dresses weren't too difficult to put on. This was the lightest of all three dresses, designed specifically for dancing and moving around. Tonight would be fun for them both.

Y/n stood in Lily's room in her robe while she combed through her hair.

"It always feels so nice when you do that, I should make you my lady in waiting," Lily sighed in content.

"I wouldn't last a single day. You would annoy me too much. Actually, it isn't much different from how we are now." Y/n laughed while Lily pouted at her friend in the mirror. Her hair fell in its natural curls, a few pieces were held back by the flowers Lily had picked from the garden. Once again, she only wore light rouge.

They switched places and Y/n sat at the table while Lily brushed her hair. Her hair fell naturally. She wore gold pins in her hair this time. Her makeup was light as well.

Finally, they brought their dresses out. Both were white and covered in tulle that was pinned with beautifully designed flowers. They were simple dresses but they more than emphasized their beauty.

Lily's dress had large, velvet flowers, the same colour as the ones in her hair. She wore a long string of pearls on her neck, and another one on her wrist. Her fan was an expensive gold and she wore no shawl. She wouldn't need one tonight.

Y/n wore a dress of the same tulle, though hers was more simple and contorted to her body

Y/n wore a dress of the same tulle, though hers was more simple and contorted to her body. She always preferred a bit of a tighter fit. The front was adorned in pale pink roses. Her dress held a large silk sash and a few bows on the sleeve. She too wore no shawl and she borrowed the delicate lacey fan that Lily used on the previous day.

They checked each other one last time to make sure everything was sitting where it was supposed to before they left the suite and went to the ballroom

They checked each other one last time to make sure everything was sitting where it was supposed to before they left the suite and went to the ballroom. Just like the previous day, they were announced and made their rounds through the room. They stopped for longer conversations and made promises to dance before curtsying before the king.

"Your Grace," They spoke simultaneously. 

"Good evening ladies. Please rise and stand beside me again. You made such marvellous company yesterday." They giggled and stood beside the king again.

The rest of the crowd was in complete disbelief. They were invited to the king's side twice? It was infuriating to watch them laugh and chat happily with the king. Not to mention the rumours of the girls with the prince and his future hand. It was absolutely maddening. Not that anyone could do anything about it. It was clear they were favourites.

The prince and the lord made their presence known, much in the same way as yesterday. Everyone hung their heads low for them as they passed and Wakatoshi made his small announcement before asking for the first dance again. Some of the girls were feeling a bit smug. There were the lucky few that were able to steal the prince away for more than one dance yesterday, they were looking to him to ask for the first dance. Of course, the smirks and high attitude was immediately replaced with jealously when the prince held his hand out to Lily once again. 

She hesitated less this time. Her hand found its place in his and he led her to the center once again. You couldn't deny how good they looked together. Especially when she was smiling so widely and he pulled her closer to his chest. They would be a beautiful couple. 

Y/n smiled brightly as she watched her friend and Satori watched her from the corner of his eye. 

"They look lovely together, don't they?" She breathed out. If she spoke too loud, she would ruin the magic in the air. 

"Very lovely. Very lovely, indeed," He responded to her, though his eyes stayed trained on her. He was growing to appreciate all of her facial expressions. This one was one of complete happiness.

The song ended and they stepped from each other to bow in thanks. This time, Lily didn't leave his side, much to his delight. The next started and he was already sweeping her in his arms again. It was as if the world didn't exist outside of the two of them. Other women were forced to find other partners.

"I'm going to dance, unless you have something to tell me, Satori?" She turned to him almost hopeful.

"I don't, little dancer. I will, by tomorrow though. You will have to dance with me all night, I promise you that." She smiled at him as he winked at her and she was off, immediately swept up by some young man. Satori sighed as he watched her go. She was glorious.