T W E L V E

"𝑰 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒌 𝑰 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒎𝒂𝒓𝒓𝒚 𝒉𝒆𝒓

"𝑰 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒌 𝑰 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒎𝒂𝒓𝒓𝒚 𝒉𝒆𝒓."

The ball was in full swing. Wakatoshi and Lily spent every moment beside each other. When they weren't dancing, they were talking to each other about anything and everything that came to mind. No one could approach them. They were in their own world. 

Y/n and Satori observed their friends from afar. It was odd yet refreshing to see them so absorbed by another person. Lily didn't let people get too close and Wakatoshi hated the rumours that circled him. For them to find sanctuary in each other was beautiful. 

"Are we going to have to sneak out to see the blossom?" Lily asked, her arm was tucked into his while they walked around the edge of the ballroom. 

"I think so, flower. They have opened the doors to let in cool air. You go first and meet me there, alright?" Her heart sung at the nickname. She nodded before slipping away, letting herself get lost in the crowd. Most people were observing the dance floor, it wasn't difficult for her as she made her way to the other side of the room and out the doors. She felt giddy sneaking out like this. She was practically skipping to the garden. 

She sat on the stone bench was watched the moon over the lake. It was quiet outside. The music could only be faintly heard. While she did enjoy the ball and the music and the dancing, she felt at peace among the flowers.

"Liliana, are you there?" She stood and turned to see Wakatoshi. She looks like a goddess in the moonlight. The light reflected off of her skin beautifully and her white dress seemed to glow. He wanted to hold her close to him. "Come, flower. Let us go." He held his arm out for her to take. It was surprising how easily she fell into this position with him. 

Much like their walk earlier in the day, they strolled leisurely. Their path was illuminated in the moonlight and the flowers looked particularly stunning. They spent the time admiring the garden and each other until they reached the indoor gardens. As beautiful as all the night blooms were, they were disappointed to see the Queen of the Night had not opened. This meant it would open tomorrow, then. They weren't too upset, though. Looking at the garden together at night was certainly a lovely experience. They were reluctant to back.

"Do we have to go back, Wakatoshi? I'd rather spend time here with you." He loved the sound of his name on her lips. Not to mention she wanted to spend time with him in his favourite place in the entire Eastern Kingdom. He could feel his heart skip a beat.

"I would rather be here, too. The night will end soon and we need to be back before it does. We will come back tomorrow and watch the blossom. I promise." He brought her hand to his lips and kissed it gently. His eyes remained on her as he watched her blush. 

"Let us go, Wakatoshi." She slipped her arm back into his and they walked back together.

~~~~~

When she wasn't dancing, she was laughing with Satori. He still hadn't danced once but he waited for her whenever a song finished. He was always in the same place so she could find him. It became an unspoken routine for the two of them. 

"Are you not going to dance a single time tonight?" She asked as she approached him.

"No, there is only one person I wish to dance with and she has set a ridiculous ultimatum for me."

"Maybe she did it because a certain lord was pestering her," She shot back and leaned against the wall beside him.

"No, I don't think that was it." Y/n let out a rather unladylike chuckle before turning to him.

"This reason to dance with her must be very good. For you to deprive yourself of dancing all night just to prove a point. She must be very special," She couldn't hide her teasing grin as Satori laughed.

"She likes to think she is."

"Hmm, I think she is going to dance now. Have fun in your lonesome, Satori!" She called out before disappearing from his line of sight again. He heaved a sigh. She is very special, indeed.

~~~~~ 

The night drew to a close once again and Satori and Wakatoshi trudged to their rooms. 

"So where did you go, Toshi?" Satori asked.

"What do you mean?" Was he really trying to play innocent?

"You and Lady Lancaster were missing for at least an hour. Care to explain?"

"No."

"You're no fun, Toshi. You have to give me something!"

"I think I want to marry her." 

"Woah, that was not what I expecting. Are you positive, Wakatoshi?" He asked, suddenly serious. 

"I think so. We have another night. I'll tell you tomorrow."

"This is great news for you! I knew you were capable of love. I'm a little sad that it isn't me but you win some you lose some."

"Do you really want to marry me when you are obsessing over Lady (L/n)?" Wakatoshi asked him.

"I am not obsessing over her. I just want to get to know her. She is... interesting to say the least."

"You should just tell her you like her. Then you can stop this game."

"But the game makes it so much more fun, Toshi."