S E V E N

"𝑪𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒅𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒎𝒆, 𝒍𝒊𝒕𝒕𝒍𝒆 𝒅𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒆𝒓?"

"𝑵𝒐."

The tension was evident in the group of four that stood on the front platform. As hard as (Y/n) tried to focus her attention on the prince, her eyes were constantly shifting to his best friend. It was especially hard when the said best friend was already looking at her. Now, the prince on the other hand was only looking at Lily, she was the girl from the garden. He saw his blue roses in her hair. He took great care of his roses but seeing their beauty matched so well made his heart flutter. Lily's eyes shifted between her best friend and Lord Tendou. At least until she felt the heated stare of the prince. She instantly flushed and hid her face behind her fan. What was the prince looking at her for?

The people on the ground watched the exchange between the four curiously. No words were spoken but it felt rather intense. The first waltz would be soon and many young ladies waited for the prince to descend the platform and start speaking to them, why was he just standing there? 

Wakatoshi took a step closer to the girls, his attention solely on Lily. (Y/n) and she exchanged a quick glance, what was going on?

"May I have the first dance?" His hand was outstretched and a small smile graced his lips. He never smiled. Everyone stared at him in shock. Already? He hadn't even spoken to the other girls yet! Lily stared at him in shock before turning to her friend. What do I do? Her eyes said, they could practically communicate telepathically. Dance with him, of course! Y/n's eyes flickered to the prince's hand and she gave a slight nod of her head. What about you? Lily shook her head slightly with her eyes widening. Do not worry about me, we will talk later. Go! Y/n discreetly pushed her forward. 

"Of course, Your Majesty," Lily responded. She placed her hand gently in his and they turned to walk down the platform together. Whispers cascaded through the room. This couldn't be fair.

"So it is the Lily of the West that he met in the garden, how fitting is that?" She turned and saw Satori beside her.

"In the garden? They met in the garden?"

"No, he saw her and before he could speak to her, she was gone. It's nice that they met tonight." (Y/n) was silent at that. She hadn't accounted for this in her plan. She had assumed Lily would be swept up by some rich lord. That is what they both assumed. What would she do now? She wasn't going to stop her friend from pursuing love. It was obvious there was an immediate attraction between the two based on the prince's heavy stare and Lily's blushing. What would she do?

She was swept from her thoughts as the first song started. It was customary for the prince to have the first song for himself and his partner. The crowd cleared a large space for the two of them. His hand rest on her waist and hers rested on his shoulder. He looked down at her and she tried to avoid his eyes.

"Why won't you look at me?" He asked curiously just as the music began to ring out through the room.

"I-I umm. My friend has had her eye on you for a while, it feels wrong of me to be here with you." She answered truthfully. Her eyes flickered to (Y/n). She noticed the smile on her friend's face.

"I asked you to dance today, not her, Lady Lancaster. Indulge me tonight, please?" She looked at him when he said please. It wasn't every day that a prince begged for your attention. She smiled sweetly and nodded as the music picked up. They moved elegantly around the room together, Wakatoshi unconsciously pulled her closer to him. They could have been one as they stared deeply into each other's eyes until the music died. They were awoken by the sound of light clapping before they pulled away from each other and bowed/ curtsied. 

"Thank you, your majesty. You have quite the line of women who are awaiting a dance from you." She curtsied again before moving throughout the room. She didn't notice the way the prince's eyes followed her as she walked away from him but her best friend certainly did.

"Now that the first dance is done, care to dance with me, little dancer?" She turned to Satori.

"No."

"You owe me a dance, remember?"

"I owe you no such thing. If you wanted to have a dance, you would learn to be nicer then perhaps I would be willing."

"So you are saying I need to be nicer to you for you to dance with me?" Satori asked with a smirk.

"No, you-" 

"Why don't you both go and socialize? Your arguments are drawing attention." They both turned to the King who still sat on his throne. They were thoroughly entertaining him but he would rather watch his son with Liliana. (Y/n) curtsied to the king and muttered an apology and Satori bowed before he followed her down the stairs. 

"Won't you stop following me? If I knew how much you loved arguing with me, I would have smiled and nodded at what you said," She huffed heavily, her skirt swishing as she moved to the table of refreshments.

"If you agreed with everything I said, we would be dancing right now." She blushed at that and stopped and turned to him.

"Why do you want to dance with me?" He had to stop now. He wasn't sure either. Something about the way she moved in the ballroom entranced him. He wanted to feel that too.

"I don't know if I'm being honest," He answered. She sighed again.

"Well, my lord. Figure it out. If It is a good answer, I'll dance with you on one of these nights. Until then, stop harassing me!" She hissed slightly before walking off to meet Lily. He smiled at her retreating figure. A feisty one isn't she.