F I F T E E N

"𝑪𝒂𝒏 𝑰 𝒅𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒂𝒈𝒂𝒊𝒏, 𝒇𝒍𝒐𝒘𝒆𝒓?" 

"𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒄𝒂𝒏 𝒌𝒊𝒔𝒔 𝒎𝒆 𝒂𝒔 𝒎𝒂𝒏𝒚 𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆𝒔 𝒂𝒔 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒍𝒊𝒌𝒆, 𝑻𝒐𝒔𝒉𝒊."

Lily had ended up in the study after speaking to Y/n. The prince was probably in the gardens at this time waiting for her. If she waited a bit, he would eventually leave then she can sit there alone. 

She wanted to cry. Everything she said was the truth. They were truths that she was already aware of. She didn't want to be hurt again in the same way she was hurt by that idiot. She was choosing the path that would end in less heartbreak. 

If that was so true, then why did it feel like her heart was shattering. I shouldn't have gotten so close to the prince. He isn't mine. Why haven't I learned my lesson? She was so caught up in her thoughts, she didn't notice Satori enter.

"Hello, Lily of the West what are you doing here?" He greeted her warmly.

"Oh, nothing. I was looking for a book to take to the gardens. And you? What brings you to the study, Lord Tendou?" 

"Not much, I was on my way to the kitchens when I thought I heard someone." He answered her.

"Was I not the person you were looking for?" She asked.

"I was looking for no one, in particular, my lady. Besides, it is always a pleasure to see you." There was the infamous teasing smirk her best friend had previously complained about. She smiled at him before standing and saying goodbye. 

As she neared her favourite bench, she heard voices. Specifically Y/n and Wakatoshi. Quickly, she hid behind a nearby hedge so they wouldn't see her. That's good. I told her to make herself known to him. It won't be long now. She couldn't help but listen in to what they were discussing. 

"What made you fall in love with her?" Who was Y/n talking about? Who was he in love with? 

"Everything. I first saw her in the gardens on the first day of the ball. She was walking around the flowers like she was home. Her delicateness with everything she touches, the smile on her face when she sniffed a particularity nice one. Everything about her enchanted me. Then we danced together and it felt like she belonged in my arms. I have never felt so at peace. As I got to know her better, she was constantly surprising me. Her knowledge and her thirst to learn more is boundless. And she is so beautiful. She is otherworldly. She had to be a gift from the heavens." 

She gasped at his words, putting her hand to her mouth. Was he talking about her?

"That's wonderful to hear, Your Majesty. Please let her know that. Tonight. She deserves the love that you have for her because I think she loves you in the same way." She heard Y/n say. She was still in shock. Is that truly what he thought about her? She heard Y/n leave and she immediately came out from behind the hedge.

"Liliana?" Wakatoshi stood quickly, she noticed the slight blush on his face and he avoided her eyes. "Y/n was looking for you."

"I heard what you said," She ignored his last statement. She would talk to her best friend later.

"Which part?" He still wasn't looking at her. It was odd for him to behave this way. He was usually rather straightforward about how he was feeling. She was confusing his thoughts.

"Everything," She said as she moved closer to him. "Won't you look at me, Toshi?" The nickname slipped from her lips as she brought her hand to his face, gently directing his focus to her.

His eyes met hers and he felt himself fall all over again. She made him feel so many different things at once. 

"Did you mean everything that you said?" She had to ask. It was one thing to hear the words in passing, it was another to have them said to you.

"You know I did, flower." He let his head lean into her hand. Her thumb drew small circles over his cheek.

"Do you love me, Toshi?" She asked as his arm circled her waist pulling her even closer. He turned his head slightly and kissed the palm of her hand.

"You know I do, flower."

"Say it. Please tell me."

"I love you, Liliana." She could feel her eyes welling with tears. This feeling of being loved so vocally was overwhelming her. 

"Say it again," Her voice was barely a whisper.

"I am in love with you, Liliana. My flower. Do you want me to say it again?" Tears were falling from her eyes and he was quick to wipe them. "Why are you crying, flower?"

"I've never felt like this before. I never thought I would experience this."

"Neither did I. I love the way you make me feel, though." His hands now rest on her face, his thumbs occasionally brushed the tears that feel. Her hands held his arms.

"I do too. I love you too, Wakatoshi." His breath hitched as he held her.

"Say it again." She let out a small laugh.

"I love you too, Toshi." 

"Can I kiss you,  flower?" She felt her heart skip a beat as she nodded.

"Please."

His face moved to hers and her eyes closed. When their lips touched, it was as if his soul started singing and hers matched him in perfect harmony. They moved in sync. Her arms wrapped around his neck and his hands found their place on her waist. So many different emotions passed between the two of them. Their slight uncertainty, her grief, his confusion, and most importantly, their love. Afterwards, when they pulled away from each other, it was as if the world was covered in rosy pink. At that moment, they existed only for each other. They panted slightly, in the same embrace.

"Can I do that again, flower?" 

"You can kiss me as many times as you like, Toshi." They shared a smile and then they were joined together once again.

A/n: I just wanted to say that I feel the song fits their relationship so beautifully. At least, that was the effect I was trying to achieve. I kept it on replay while I wrote this chapter. It made me feel all warm and fuzzy and I was crying while I wrote it like a WIMP! I am so single😭😭