F O U R T E E N

"𝑵𝒐𝒘 𝒂𝒔 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝑰 𝒘𝒊𝒔𝒉 𝒇𝒐𝒓

"𝑵𝒐𝒘 𝒂𝒔 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝑰 𝒘𝒊𝒔𝒉 𝒇𝒐𝒓. 𝑰 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒂 𝒌𝒊𝒔𝒔. 𝑾𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒈𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝒊𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒎𝒆?"

She searched the castle high and low. Liliana must be a masterful evader because Y/n couldn't find the girl anywhere. She was on the first floor of the castle when she heard a loud commotion coming from the kitchen.

"You, young man, are not allowed back here until you learn self-control!"

"You can't kick me out, old man! I'm the best chef you have got!" That was Satori's voice.

"You're the greediest chef I've got! How have you eaten more in this kitchen than you have for your breakfast and lunch? Begone!" She heard a door slam.

"Have you been fired, Satori?" He turned quickly and was greeted by the woman who had made permanent residency in his mind with her usual teasing grin on her face.

"He'll let me come back in a couple of days, I still have my job,"

"Since you have been temporarily put out of work, come help me."

"With what, little dancer?"

"I'm looking for Liliana. It's like she has completely disappeared." Satori had seen Liliana earlier. She was in the study and they spoke for a bit before she left for the garden and he left for the kitchen. Y/n must have just missed her. He would, however, use this chance to spend more time with her.

"What do I get if I help you?" He asked her.

"I'll be nice to you for the entire day," She offered.

"Tempting, but instead, you will grant me a wish," He said.

"I won't dance with you until you give me your reason. You can't choose that," She crossed her arm over her chest.

"I have my reason ready little dancer, I want a different wish from you." She was intrigued as to what it was.

"What is it?" 

"You'll find out when I ask for it," He sang out.

"Fine, but you won't get it until we find her," She countered.

"Deal, let's go flower searching." He held his arm out for her and they walked together. This would be fun.

~~~~~

It turned out that Satori was a terrible partner. In each room they had searched through, he took a seat and laughed at her. When they moved to the next one, he held out his arm for her to take again.

"You can't just sit there and watch me, Satori." They had walked the castles for more than an hour. It was late afternoon now. "At this rate, you will never get your wish."

"I'll get my wish because I already know where she is." She turned to him quickly.

"What do you mean you already know where she is?"

"She is in the garden with Toshi. I saw her earlier. If you look out the window, you will see them right now." She whipped her head around and ran to the window quickly. Just he said, there they were. Wakatoshi held her in an embrace and she appeared to be clutching him just as tightly.

"So you let me wander the castles knowing exactly where she was this whole time?" She asked, still looking out the window to her friend. She didn't even notice him come up behind her until he felt his breath by her ear.

"Do I get my wish now?" She turned and faced him, backing away slightly until her back hit the wall.

"You cheated. I don't know if you still deserve a wish," She sounded strangely breathless as he came in close to her.

"I found her, did I not? The wish is still valid." He watched her inhale deeply before nodding slightly.

"I guess you're right. What do you wish for then?" His eyes trailed her face before he brought his hand to her cheek, cradling her face gently.

"Let me tell you why I want to dance with you first. You have no patience, did you know that, little dancer?" His eyes trailed to her lips as his thumb brushed over them. How soft. He thought to himself.

"You excite me. Even when I first met you, I admit I was ruder than I should have been but you countered me excellently. Your mind and your tongue are sharp, little dancer. Then I saw you dancing. You are rather beautiful, did you know that? Especially when you were moving so freely like that. I wanted to join. I wanted to experience that with you. I want to experience you at your happiest. Let me dance with you tonight." She was entranced by his gloriously red eyes and she found herself nodding. He smiled down at her. It was different from his normal teasing smile. 

His hand moved to her chin and he tilted her face up, pulling her closer. "Now as for what I wish for. I want a kiss. Will you give it to me?"

She found herself nodding again, her eyes were already closing and she was leaning forward. 

"You're so eager, little dancer. I want a kiss tonight at the ball. After we have danced for the last time. If you want to kiss me now though, I have no objections." Her eyes opened again and she glared at him. The teasing smirk was back. 

"Fine then, I'll see you tonight, you rat." She pushed away from him and started walking back to her suite.

"Is that how you refer to the man you wanted to kiss so badly?" The response he got back was a harsh glare and her walking away faster. His laughter rang out through the room.