S E V E N T E E N

"𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒏𝒆𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒘𝒊𝒑𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒊𝒅𝒊𝒐𝒕𝒊𝒄 𝒔𝒎𝒊𝒍𝒆 𝒐𝒇𝒇 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒇𝒂𝒄𝒆, 𝒑𝒆𝒐𝒑𝒍𝒆 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑺𝒂𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒊

"𝒀𝒐𝒖 𝒏𝒆𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒘𝒊𝒑𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒊𝒅𝒊𝒐𝒕𝒊𝒄 𝒔𝒎𝒊𝒍𝒆 𝒐𝒇𝒇 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒇𝒂𝒄𝒆, 𝒑𝒆𝒐𝒑𝒍𝒆 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑺𝒂𝒕𝒐𝒓𝒊."

"𝑯𝒐𝒘 𝒄𝒂𝒏 𝑰 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒔𝒎𝒊𝒍𝒆 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒐𝒔𝒕 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒘𝒐𝒎𝒂𝒏 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒓𝒐𝒐𝒎 𝒊𝒔 𝒐𝒏 𝒎𝒚 𝒂𝒓𝒎?"

When Wakatoshi and Satori arrived, their eyes were already on the girls. Wakatoshi was entranced, his stride was widened to get to Liliana faster while Satori was smirking at Y/n like he had won something magnificent. 

Since tonight was the last night, Satori would have to request a dance as well. It was nearly as important for him to find a wife as Wakatoshi since he would soon become a very important member of the royal family. 

As usual, Wakatoshi delivered his short speech before turning to Lily and holding out his hand. He was still speechless. He had never been so consumed with another person. The flowers that he spent his time growing sat beautifully in her hair like it was their home. Her dress melded to her body in a way that left Wakatoshi breathless. And to the necklace that he had handpicked for her sitting proudly on her neck had his knees buckling slightly. He swept her in his arms the same manner of which he has done for the past two nights. His hand sat warmly on her waist and the other hand clasped hers gently. She was pulled flush against his chest and he lowered slightly with his lips right beside her ear.

"You are breath-taking, flower," He didn't have to look at her know her blush had spread over her entire face.

"Thank you, Toshi. You look amazing tonight as well." He stood to his full height again as the music started and immediately they were gliding across the floor. It was a sight to see the usually expressionless prince smiling. Even if it was a small one.

"Do you think he will marry her?"

"What do you think? Look at them. It's obvious."

"I guess there is always Lord Tendou if you are desperate. No one would go out of their way to end up with him."

"Look again. He is with the heiress."

Satori and Y/n stood beside each other watching their friends. Her hand was already tucked into his arm and he was smiling widely.

"You need to wipe that idiotic smile off your face, people are staring Satori."

"How can I not smile when the most beautiful woman in the room is on my arm?" She couldn't handle his teasing when he was complimenting her at the same time. "What, nothing to say, little dancer?" She wanted to glare at him but the way he was looking at her made her feel all soft inside.

"No."

"I think this is the first time I have managed to silence you. Do I get a prize?"

"I won't step on your feet too hard when we dance." The song was ending and people were starting to couple up for the second dance of the evening. His arm slipped from hers and rested on her lower back.

"You are much too graceful to step on my feet, little dancer," He whispered in her ear as they descended the platform.

Wakatoshi and Lily had already left the dancefloor and were walking and talking amongst themselves while eyes shifted to Satori and Y/n. It was his first dance of the three nights, naturally, they would be curious. 

(a/n: Play the song now. The highly anticipated moment!! At least it was for me 🤣)

The music started off slow and quiet. This was a popular dance but few performed it perfectly. They moved together in circles around the room with the other couples. She was facing away from him. One hand rested over his hand where it sat on her waist and the other held his hand. As the song sped up, the circles and spins got faster and she was turned in his arms to face him. Her hand immediately met his shoulder and his hand was on her lower back, pulling her closer to him. Occasionally, both hands were on her waist and lifting her in the air before bringing her to the ground gently. As the music got louder, the lifts and jumps got bigger. 

They moved so perfectly, it was as if they were the only people who were meant to dance to this song. Their timing was perfect as they moved from each other, then joined each other again. They would mirror each other's steps perfectly before meeting again and dancing together. She was an ethereal being to him. How did her dress follow her movements so perfectly? And her body was sparkling. The gems reflected light everywhere. It was as if she was beckoning him and calling for his attention and he was gladly giving it. The other couples could hardly keep up yet Satori and Y/n did these moves effortlessly with smiles on their faces and lightness in their steps. 

"Your hand is meant to stay on my waist," She said to him when they met together again. His fingers were rather slippery, sliding up her body, leaving lingering touches. He knew exactly what he was doing to her. Of course, she was doing the same. Letting her hand run against his chest, her fingers massaged his shoulder lightly and her feather-light touches left him aching. They were both being rather unfair to each other.

"I'm sorry, little dancer. It must have slipped." He didn't look sorry. The bastard was grinning teasingly. The song slowed down, then increased in speed again and again. They followed the rhythm of the song as if it was ingrained into their beings. They didn't think about the next steps, they just knew them. They maintained their banter the entire time as he continued to pull cheeky moves and she scolded him, trying to fight the smile on her face but failing miserably. She was even laughing heartily while he watched her with his smile just as wide. The other couples had stopped dancing entirely to watch them. They didn't even notice they were the only ones on the dance floor but their movement naturally accommodated in the space they were given. 

They filled the entire room with their presence, it was difficult to ignore them as the music grew loud and big again. You could hear the laughter that sang from her mouth. And you couldn't help but be enchanted by their quick footwork. The orchestra played solely for them, it was their song now. The last part of the music rang out, filling the room with the violins as he spun her gracefully before lifting her into the air, just to catch her as it ended.

"Wasn't that fun, little dancer?" He asked their chests heaving against each other.

"It was alright," She smiled at him before looking around, only then noticing they were the only ones in the center.

"It seems as though we have scared everyone else off," She commented.

"That just means there is more room for the two of us. Would you like to dance with me again?" She nodded her head and placed her hand in his once more. She could dance with him forever.