ALWAYS WAS A RUNNER PART 1

She couldn't believe that she did it. Angelica Schuyler could not believe that she actually went through with it. Sure she had thought about it a couple of times and she would be lying if she said she hadn't considered it once or twice but she never thought that she would do it.  Angelica Schuyler was a runaway bride. Ever since she was a little girl she had dreamt about her wedding day. I mean what little girl hadn't. She knew that her wedding would be ridiculously huge but that was a given due to the fact that she was the eldest daughter of Phillip and Catherine Schuyler. She also knew that she would have her wedding in the fall. She had chosen fall because  New York winters were enough to kill a person and the summers in the city were out of the question unless you wanted a large majority of your guests to die of heatstroke so, Fall only seemed reasonable. 

Angelica also thought that she would marry someone she loved sadly, this was not the case. So as stated before Angelica Schuyler was a runaway bride. The only question was what was she to do now. Angelica Schuyler was currently sitting in a cheap hotel room that she was 99% sure hadn't been cleaned in over five years surrounded by empty beer cans a 4,00 dollar wedding dress and shame for company. Angelica had humiliated her family, her fiance, and herself. Angelica allowed herself to close her eyes and think" how did I let it get to this". She decided that in order to find the root of her problem she would have to go back in time to when her inconveniences were nothing but little seeds. 

 For starters, Angelica had always been undeniably drop-dead gorgeous. With her model-like body, long curly hair, pretty lips, and pearly white smile it was no surprise that she had been named the unofficial prettiest girl in her class since the sixth grade. But aside from being beautiful, she was probably one of the smartest people you would ever meet. With all this being said it was the biggest surprise and disappointment when she started dating one of her highschools biggest idiots John church. The only people that were in church's way of being the most disliked person in school were the perverted history teacher and the hall monitors that passed out detentions like they were candy.  

She was beautiful he was average.  She was brilliant he couldn't tell you the difference between China and Africa. She liked adventure he lived for predictably. Angelica had ambitions he could care less about his future but I guess that's what comes with being from money. That was the one thing the two had in common. Both of their families were stupid rich. Other than that there was nothing else between the pair. That was probably the reason for their odd union. It was a relationship built off of financial benefits. 

John Church wasn't the only bad thing in her life. Apart from him she also had insane parents. They weren't criminals or addicts. No. Angelica wasn't even sure if her mother had ever even touched a cigarette in her life. What made them crazy were their insane expectations. No matter what she did it could never be good enough. For her father no matter how many times she landed honor roll or how much her teachers praised her it could always be better. For Angelica's mother it didn't matter how many people asked her out or how much makeup she slapped on she could always be prettier for the male gaze. And no matter how many times they told her they loved her they could never mean it.

Despite all of these exhausting factors in her life, there were still a few things that made her life bearable. Her two sisters and Alexander Hamilton. Her sister made life worth living. Whenever Angelica was in pain Eliza would be the first person to hold her and tell everything was going to be okay and Margarita or as she liked to be called Peggy was the first one to tell her women up and be strong. To put it simply Angelica Schuyler loved her sisters.

Angelica Schuyler also loved Alexander Hamilton. They had been friends since the third grade and she had been there for it all. She was there when he had first moved to New York. She was there when his mother, his everything had died. She was there when he fell in love with her wonderful sister Eliza and she had been there when he fell out of love. She was there.

 But this attraction was not one-sided. Oh no. Alexander Hamilton also loved Angelica Schuyler. They had been friends since the third grade and he had been there for it all. He had been there every time she needed someone to remind her that she was extraordinary because he knew no one at home would be there to tell her themselves. He had been there when they both walked proudly hand in hand to grab their high school diplomas  that they had both worked so hard to earned. He was present when John proposed to her and she was too scared to say no. And he was there when she was walking down the aisle looking at her with sad eyes because they both knew that John was never the one but neither of them said anything because nothing supposed to go wrong on your wedding day. But then afain  Angelica was never one to follow norms so instead of saying I do when she was asked she laughed picked up her skirt and ran.

(Feel free to leave feed back and suggestions on how to make the story/my writing better.)

967 words.