DAYS LIKE THESE

Eliza walked into her home smelling like a mix of flour, sweat, sugar , and icing. I guess that's the smell you acquire after working in a bakery during the hot New York summers. Eliza hadn't even been in the house two minutes before her daughter Susan slammed into her to give her the biggest hug her 4 year old arms could muster. Eliza smiled before planting a kiss on her head.

"Hey sweetheart. Where's mommy?"

"It's a big big BIG surprise. Susan even spread her arms apart to show just how big the surprise was. Eliza smiled at how cute her girl was. Susan grabbed Eliza's hand to drag her to the couch. Eliza happily went along before telling Susan" Wow you are just so strong" The little girl beamed at the compliment before sitting across from her mom.

Eliza looked at her daughter before asking her the question she asked every day." How was your day"

Susans face lit up the way Eliza's face used to light up at her ge at the mention of ice cream. It was funny that way. Susan had the same round face and kindness as Eliza but the same long wavy hair as her other and her skin tone was right in the middle of the two of them.

" Today I went to school and Played with Phillip! We made a lego castle but he had to sit in time out because he threw a lego at George Eacker-" The little girls story was interrupted by her mother's laughter. Every day Eliza would hear a new story about Susan and her cousin Phillip. Susan was a few months older than Phillip and they had been inseparable since they met. In their infant years Angelica would either have to drive to Eliza's condo or Eliza to her sister's house, The two had become so close that the sets of Parents were forced to enroll them in the same preschool. When Eliza was brought out of her thoughts she was met face to face with the little 4 year old with her hands on her hips. She may have had the kindness of Eliza but she had the attitude of Maria.

"Mommy what's so funny? I didn't finish my story." Eliza smiled before looking at her daughter. " Nothing honey. Finish your story." Just as Susan was about to finish her story Maria, Peggy, Hercules, Angelica, Alexander, amd her parents came out of the kitchen singing happy birthday. Eliza smiled before thanking everyone. Maria planted a kiss on Eliza's cheek and Susans head. Just as she was about to blow out her candles Phillip ran into the room.

" My name is Phillip I am a Poet and I wrote this poem just to show it and your turning 23 I came to this party so I could eat. I go to school and play with my cousin . My favorite food are dinosaur nuggets. I hope that your happy because I turn 4 in 3 weeks." 

Everyone clapped and Alexander picked him up to give him a high five. "Good job buddy." Eliza smiled before giving him a hug. Thanks buddy I loved it. Phillip smiled before running to go play with Susan. Eliza inhaled and looked around. " Day's like this" she thought. Days like this made the crappy world a little more bearable.

Thanks for reading and for 230 reads. Once again I have no idea how that happened but oh well.Be safe. Bye.

600 words.