06 | 𝐵𝑒𝑐𝑎𝑢𝑠𝑒 𝐼'𝑚 𝑆𝑜 𝑃𝑟𝑒𝑡𝑡𝑦?

𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝑆𝐼𝑋

Saturday afternoon - Jennie was in a hurry to get home after her cheerleading tournament. The girls from her team planned to celebrate their win with pizza, and usually she would've been more than happy to tag along, but she simply wasn't in the mood to socialize in gatherings.

Rosie even offered to go dress shopping together for the Homecoming dance and hang out at her house after.

Jennie refused.

As soon as she arrived home, she scrubbed off the glitter makeup off of her face and peeled her cheer uniform and hopped straight into the shower.

Just as she was putting on comfortable clothes, her phone buzzed, a text coming from Taehyung.

taehyung 🧸💚: wanna take a walk with me? it's warmer today than usual.. might be the last warm day before the cold bites.

Jennie replied back, telling him to meet her out front in ten minutes.

Seeing Taehyung's car parked in front of the curb of her house, she walked to the passenger door.

"I thought we were going for a walk?" She buckled into the seat.

"I wanted to go down to the Han River. The trees still have a bit of color in them." Taehyung held up his camera, no explanation needed.

Since the weather was getting colder, they would have the area to themselves, no one really preferred being outside in the park during the transition of Winter.

When Taehyung pulled into the parking lot, they were alone. No car at sight and not a person.

They began their stroll towards the edge of the river to the strip of trees at the far end.

They walked quietly, and the mood between the two was as if the drama from the week hadn't occurred at all.

Despite it all, Jennie was the most comfortable with Taehyung than anyone.

As he began snapping away with his camera, she strayed a few steps behind, admiring how he had an eye for the beautiful transitioning of the trees leaves, the icy river reflecting the colors.

If it weren't for Taehyung, she would have never taken time out of the day to admire the beauty of the world. She concluded to herself she would have another one of his pictures framed in her room by the end of today.

Taehyung directed his camera towards the top of the trees; the sun peeking out through the leaves and from the branches.

It was beautiful.

Jennie never loved life as much as she did at this moment.

It felt like a breath of fresh air.

She stood still for a while, just admiring her friend snap beautiful pictures.

"I can't wait to see those. You have such a wonderful eye for these things."

"Thanks." Taehyung nodded at her, then continued snapping away.

Jennie didn't mind. She knew he was passionate and got like this when he was behind the camera. Completely absorbed into his work.