21 | 𝑊ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝐴𝑐𝑡𝑢𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑦 𝐻𝑎𝑝𝑝𝑒𝑛𝑒𝑑 (M)

_____
⚠️ chapter warning ⚠️

RATED M FOR MATURE - FOR:
Light smut and mentions of sex. Viewer discretion is advised, for mature audience only.

_____

𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝑇𝑊𝐸𝑁𝑇𝑌-𝑂𝑁𝐸

Rosie didn't get much information out of her the entire drive home.

Jennie had a mental breakdown.

When Roseanne pulled in front of her driveway, she turned to Jennie, a look of concern on her face.

"Want me to come inside?"

Rosie sounded hopeful and hesitant at the same time.

Not that Jennie blamed her.

"No. I'm okay. Thanks for the ride, I had fun." Jennie remembered to thank her, ever since the incident with Taehyung. She learned her lesson.

"Okay, well call me later, if you want to."

Jennie climbed out of the car and waved to Rosie as she drove off.

When the car was out of sight, she turned on her heel and marched straight over to Taehyung's house.

Inside the familiar house was full of people.

Mostly grownups that looked over dressed for a Saturday afternoon.

Jennie barely gave any attention to them.

She stormed down the hallway pausing only for a moment at the entrance to the family room to see if Taehyung was in there.

In the kitchen, she exchanged polite words with a girl she was certain she'd met before.

Taehyung's cousin, maybe?

The girl directed Jennie outside to where she saw Taehyung.

Outside, Jennie noticed round tables with long white table
cloths were set up all over the backyard under different tents.

The kind that you rent for parties—which Jennie finally realized what the big gathering was all about.

At the far end of the yard, Jennie could see a band was setting up, and some sort of portable dance floor was in front of them.

In a corner by the fence, she spot Taehyung standing at a small bar.

She was too angry with him to notice how incredible he looked. Suits were made for him.

Jennie didn't stop to think about what she was going to say.

If she stopped to think of what she would say to him, she would scare herself right over that fence and into the safety of her own back yard.

"Jennie!" Taehyung turned around just as she reached him. 

Confusion and maybe a little bit of hope filled his eyes. "What are you do—"

"You said you didn't love me!" Jennie interrupted him.

"What?"

"You are a liar and I—" Jennie couldn't finish her sentence as Taehyung shoved the palm of his hand over her mouth.