16 | 𝑀𝑜𝑟𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝐴𝑓𝑡𝑒𝑟

𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝑆𝐼𝑋𝑇𝐸𝐸𝑁

The morning sun was brighter than usual.

Jennie lifted a hand to her forehead. The pounding was at her temple, and there was an awful
taste in her mouth.

Taehyung's thick arm wrapped around her waist where she was wearing a large gray tee shirt.

She was in Taehyung's room.

Shifting slightly, she felt a damp spot on the sheets against her side.

Wide eyed, Jennie's eyes shot downward.

There was a melted icepack strapped to her arm supported by Velcro bendy straps

She tried to recall last night's events.

1. The party.

2. Kai being an asshole.

3. Getting into bed with Taehyung.

Jennie gently eased out of Taehyung's arm and got out of his bed.

Cold morning air tingled on her bare legs. Jennie lightly smacked her cheeks with her palms. Did she have sex with Taehyung?

She scolded herself as she squinted around his room for her jeans in a pile at the foot of the bed.

She knew exactly what she'd done.

"Stupid, stupid, stupid!" Jennie mumbled to herself.

Any hope she had for saving their friendship was out the window now.

"The window!" Jennie whisper shouted, stirring Taehyung in his sleep.

Quietly, she crawled out of his window and into her own.

Back in her own room she stripped off his large gray t-shirt in exchange for her own flannel pajama top and crawled into her own bed.

Before settling in her bed and comfort, she quickly got out of her bed and flipped the lock on her window, just in case.

In the safety of her bed, she pulled her blanket over her head and willed herself back to sleep.

She was hating herself for taking that beer from Kai.

Jennie groaned out loud when she realized that Taehyung had been out on a date with Yeri just before she crawled in his bed. 

Her stomach turned over.

She wasn't sure if it was the hangover or if it was more about Taehyung being close and personal with Yeri.

Jennie forced several deep breaths into her lungs.

She remembered the taste of his lips, feeling the absurd rush of relief that he'd at least brushed his teeth between girls.

Her social life would be over. It came to a crashing halt. No more parties with Rosie and Hobi. And she definitely couldn't be on the same cheer squad with Yeri knowing what had happened. It was only a few more months until graduation.

Squeezing her eyes, she mentally beat herself up. She behaved like an idiot. She couldn't expect Rosie to start skipping parties and stay in on Friday's and order pizza with her. Nope.

To make herself feel better, she assured herself that she didn't really need a social life.

Feeling strangely relieved that her future as a social reject was decided, Jennie drifted off into sleep.

__

She stayed in bed all day. Not that Sundays were all that busy for her these days anyway.