Chapter 1.

Turning seventeen is supposed to be an exciting time for a werewolf. It's the age you can find your mate. A mate is like what a human would think of as a soul mate but for a wearwolf it's so much more then that.

For us a mate is our other half. The one person we were ment for. For a wearwolf it's our sole purpose we even exist. Some wolves search for years to find their mate while the lucky ones find them much sooner. Few unfortunate wolves never find their mate.

I'm turning seventeen tomorrow and I'm not exactly sure how I feel about it. While a part of me is excited to see if I'd find a mate the other part of me (the more realistic part of me) is telling me not to be srupid.

That I shouldn't expect to have a mate. That I wasn't blessed with a wolf let a lone be blessed with a mate. You see my mom was a wearwolf and my father a human. So my mother told me. I've never got the chance to meet my biological father.

My mom was one of the very few (even more few then those who don't find their mate at all) who's mate happened to be human. My mom ran away from an abusive pack and became a rouge when she met her mate.

They were together only a short time when she found out she was pregnant with me. I wasn't even born yet when he suddenly dissappeared. My mother was left pregnant and heartbroken.

That's when she happened to stumble into one of the most feared packs territory. The Red Moon pack. My mother begged them to spear her beacuse she didn't intentionally trustpass and ment no harm.

Seeing she was pregnant and close to having me the alpha took pitty in her and let her choose to either join the pack or be killed. Seeing the only way to save her baby she joined the Red Moon pack.

She soon realized while the pack was indeed strong and ruthless when need be they were also loyal and caring to one another within the pack. She soon seemed to fit in quite well and even caught the eye of the Bata.

Bata Brax had also lost his mate. He had accepted me as his own child. My mom and Bata Brax had twins Max and Megan a year after I was born. Little Lexie came eight years later.

A year and a half ago my mom had joined the Alpha and Bata on a business trip to a near by pack and was killed by a group of rouges that had attacked them. My mother was the only one killed and it left my father empty. He had lost two mates in one lifetime.

Soon after he couldn't seem to look at me. My long dark hair and big brown eyes looked to much like my mother for him. I couldn't blame him I looked so much like her but it didn't hurt anyless. He went from my father to Bata Brax.

I had lost my mother and soon after my father. It was already hard that out of my half siblings I was only close with my youngest sister Lexie. Due to not being able to shift I was a shameful disappoint to my pack.

When I didn't shift at thirteen like everyone else I was teased and bullied all the time. In the beginning I fought back but soon figured out it was best to just let things happen. I was human and wasn't anything compared to a wearwolves strength.

The moment I didn't shift I lost all my friends except for my best friend Danny. Danny being the son of the strongest fighter in our pack and was headed in the same direction stuck up for me whenever he could. If it wasn't for Danny I don't know what I'd do.

All that I've been through and all that I go through is the reason I don't expect to find a mate. I will either not be fortunate to have one or he will be ashamed to have a mate who can't shift and reject me.

While on one hand I couldn't blame him if that were to happen on the other hand I know regardless of my ability to shift or not I deserved to be loved. I guess I'll have to wait till tomorrow to find out.