Chapter 17

Disclaimer: I own NOTHING. All rights and properties go to their respective owners.

Manus P.O.V

Faraam and Gwyn clashed blades causing a shockwave blowing back everyone. I was one of the few that wasn't thrown back. Holy hell they are powerful. I feel like I am in a DBZ episode.

As the two began to dart around the battlefield creating shockwaves all over the place. As the city began to fall to ruin I saw that Faraam was losing ground. Slowly but surely.

This was bad. I was nowhere near their level and couldn't do shit. What the hell am I supposed to do here?

As the battle continued I walked to where Kalameet lay and saw that he was dead with his eyes open. I closed his eyes and muttered a prayer. I moved through the battle field doing the same to allies among allies and enemies alike.

Among the dead I saw Havel with his unbreakable armor broken. Nito's main head was all that remained along with his sword, everything else was ground into dust. Nearly all the chaos witches were dead. The only survivors were Quelaag, Quelaan, and Quelana. I saw Gough was decapitated along with Borax. As I moved through I saw that Velka was dead as well. I then looked at the several dead troops.

I sighed.

And to think that this could have been avoided. I remember the day when Faraam tried to talk sense into his father about my visions. That day caused this. It caused this rebellion. Had Gwyn stopped his machinations this could have been avoided.

BUT HIS FUCKING PRIDE BLINDED HIM!

I sighed and shook my head. Even if I went back I could destroy time itself. I knew there would be no turning back once I started on this path.

Doesn't mean I don't wish I could have changed it.

Faraam landed in front of me.

"Hey." I said.

"Hello." He said as he got up. "Who did we lose?"

"Nito, Gough, Borax, Havel, Velka, Kalameet, and a majority of the chaos witches." I said wiping away a tear.

"HE IS DEAD." Faraam said as he jumped back at Gwyn.

I began to look at those that had been affected and are in mourning. Adam was consoling Quelaan, while Quelana was consoling Quelaag. Ornstein, Mercury, and Jaune were paying their respect to Havel. Midir was curled up at Kalameet's corpse along with Halflight. Whitley, Gwyndolin, Filianore, and Gwynevere were kneeling at Velka's corpse. Artorias and Ciaran were mourning Gough and Borax. And the troops were paying respects to their fallen comrades.

I then saw that Priscilla was kneeling at Nito's ashes. I walked over and sat down myself.

"Hey kid." I said.

"Oh. Is something wrong?" She asked me.

"I came to you to ask that very question." I said.

"Well Nito saw me as being like him. An outcast. He became somewhat of a mentor to me." She said.

"Ah." I said. "How do you feel?" I asked.

"Sad. But also glad knowing that this will be over soon." She said.

I looked at Faraam and Gwyn's battle. "Yeah. Soon."

As Gwyn slammed Faraam into the ground before us and held him up.

"IS THIS WHAT YOU WANTED BOY?!? IS IT?!?" Gwyn yelled in his face.

Faraam smiled.

"YES."  He said in a dark but confident tone as he activated the dark hand I bestowed upon him and grabbed his father's face and began to drain him. As Gwyn realized what was happening it was already far to late. He began to shrivel up and decay. "You will add to my power and see that you were wrong and you failed. Goodbye father."

As Gwyn turned into dust Faraam picked up his sword and broke it.

"FROM THIS DAY FORTH I RULE LORDRAN! AND I WILL BE BETTER THAN MY FATHER IN EVERY WAY! NOT LIKE THERE WAS THAT HIGH A BAR!" He declared as everyone cheered.

I smiled. 

This was gonna be good.