Chapter 5

Mercedes, Quinn and Mike rushed through the hospital doors. They began talking all at once.

The nurse at the help desk whistled. "One at a time!"

Mike spoke. "We're looking for our sister, Marceline Anne Taylor-Jones. She came in from an ambulance."

She checked her computer. "She's in surgery right now. Take a seat in the waiting area."

"Surgery?!" Mercedes and Quinn freaked out.

Mike wrapped his arms around both. "Can you have the doctor come tell us anything when he gets a chance?"

The nurse nodded. "I can do that."

"Come on, guys." Mike led them to the waiting area. He spotted a still Santana and went over to her. "Hey? You okay?"

She looked up, stress clear on her features. She sniffled.

"It'll be okay." He soothed. "She's a fighter and nothing can stop her. She'll be fine."

She nodded, not looking very reassured.

"You two sit here." Mike set his sisters down. "I'll wait for Mal outside."

Mercedes sniffled loudly when he left. "What happened?"

"I don't know." Santana whispered. "She was just on the floor when I got home."

"How was she earlier?" Quinn questioned. "Did she feel well?"

Santana shook her head. "No. She said she was on her period. I thought she was okay."

"She was in pain earlier and you just left her?!"

"Lucy!" Mercedes took her hand.

Santana slumped.

"Sorry but she's in the hospital! Again!" Quinn shot up and began pacing. "She's in surgery for who knows what! What are we going to say to the twins if she doesn't live?!"

Mercedes got up and hugged Quinn tightly. She pressed her forehead to her twin's and looked her deeply in the eye. "She will live. She has to."

Quinn shook, dire thoughts running through her head. "What if Tana hadn't come home?"

Mercedes shuddered. "Don't say that!"

"I almost didn't." Santana mumbled.

"What?"

"I was going to go get something to eat when I threw up at work so I came home to lay down."

Quinn gulped. "See?! Marcy would have been there for ages! Dying!"

Mercedes started crying. She didn't even mean to but the images Quinn was putting in her head freaked her out.

Quinn began crying as well, not able to handle her emotions.

Tears slid down Santana's face as the enormity of the situation hit her (not that she had thought it a walk in the park before).

When Mike came back with Mal, all three were sobbing. The brothers looked at each other with matching grimaces.

Mike started rubbing body parts, just trying to provide comfort as he was wildly uncomfortable.

Mal hugged Mercedes and Quinn. "Now you know Marcy is too mean to die. Satan doesn't want her overthrowing him. He's going to make sure she lives a long life."

Quinn chuckled by accident and sniffed. "She'd take over in less than a day."

"That's because my little sister's power hungry." Mike boasted.