Chapter 32

"We need you to put out a single."

Marcy blinked. "Okay..."

Percy narrowed his eyes. "Just okay? No fighting?"

"Why would I fight?"

"You're working very hard on your sister's album. You've gotten all your music done for yours but there's no vocals."

"I know. We were trying to find everyone and make sure we meshed. But we're all cool so we can totally go ahead with laying down vocals."

"You know it'll be too late to be nominated for a Grammy."

"We'll get 'em next year. We want it perfect so it'll be nominated, right?"

"I've heard from Tim that you and Artie are perfectionists."

"That's such an ugly and unfair word. I just like things to be right."

He raised a brow and pursed his lips. "Uh huh. Well get to laying down vocals. I'll bring in a camera crew so it can also be your first video."

She gulped. "First video?"

"Yes. It'll be a behind the scenes type with minimum outdoors shots but relax. It'll be very low-key."

She stared at him, wide-eyed, hoping it was. She didn't do "big" well. "Okay. I'll call the guys and get them in. When?"

"As soon as possible."

M-A-P

"Our first video is going to be in a warehouse." Mercedes frowned lightly.

"I didn't think this far." Marcy murmured.

"You'll do fine, MarcAn." Quinn soothed. "I know you hate attention but it's coming. You have to prepare yourself for it."

Marcy shook as if ice slid down her spine. Her teeth chattered.

"Hey?" Mal took her hands and blew on them. "You can do this. I believe in you."

Her tremors subsided. "Thanks."

"Want me to sit in?" Mike asked.

She thought about it. She shouldn't rely on him to help her but she honestly needed him. "Yes."

"Good. I was coming anyway."

She smiled.

"What are you guys telling Anna and Ellen about all the late hours you're keeping? Does Puck know?"

"No, Noah does not know." Mercedes sipped her tea and shook her head. "I had Lucy tell him I had appearances."

"Why exactly are you lying to him?" Mal pushed.

"We agreed we wouldn't tell anyone."

"Until it was more concrete. You're both about to drop singles. Lucy is going to start recording within months. It's concrete."

"He's right." Mike shrugged.

"When are you going to tell people you got the lead in Fall's Song?" Marcy spat waspishly.

His lips thinned. "I don't want to brag."

"How is it bragging, Mikey?!" Mercedes demanded. "They came to Juilliard to see prospective dancers and your professor told them about you! That's a big deal!"

"It is, Mikey." Quinn cosigned. "You earned that on your own."

Mike sighed and scratched his head before eying them seriously. "Okay, you tell, I'll tell."