Chapter 16

"How's things been with you?" Mercedes sipped her tea.

Santana groaned loudly. "I don't know how Patti did it! Reading to those little monsters is work!"

"How?" Quinn snorted.

"They're loud for one! And they're always moving. And they're bad. I swear these kids better not come out like them or I'm giving them away!"

"San!" Brittany frowned.

"You don't see these monsters, Britt. They are bad, bad kids."

"Maybe it's you?" Tina shrugged. "Marcy's kids were well behaved when she was reading at the library."

Santana scowled.

Quinn laughed. "I know it's her! Marcy has a way with kids. Tana doesn't."

Santana stuck out her tongue.

"What about you, Rachel?" Mercedes rolled her eyes as she took another sip. "How's rehearsals?"

Rachel smiled. "It's hard but it's going great. We have all of the cast now and we're getting along and finding our rhythm together. I can't believe I'm a part of something like this."

"We're all proud of you."

"That's right!" Quinn huddled close to Rachel and hugged her. Rachel smiled. "You're going to get super famous and make everyone at McKinley kick themselves for not seeing how amazing you are."

"Thank you." Rachel hugged her back.

Brittany squealed and hugged Santana, who smirked at her girlfriend's loving nature.

Mercedes and Anna hugged with large smiles.

Kurt hugged Ellen and Tina since their spouses were missing. "I just love you guys so much!"

The girls giggled.

Mercedes leaned away from Anna a bit. "Hey, guys! Guess what!"

"What?" The group asked.

"India found a place! Our cousin is going to be moving here as soon as she wraps up everything in Germany."

A cheer went up. "Whoo!"

M-A-P

Mal opened the door to the vet's office and pulled on Sully's leash. The dog didn't move. "Come on, you demented monster!"

Sully laid down.

Mal made an exasperated sound before bending down to pick the dog up. It was back breaking work since Sully was nearly Mal's own weight but the human got the canine inside.

He set him on the floor in front of the receptionist's desk and panted, tired.

The receptionist raised a brow. "May I help you?"

"Yes!" Mal stretched his back. "Appointment for Sully Chang."

She clicked on her keyboard and both her brows raised. "Ah! Here we go! He's getting fixed."

"Yeah." Mal appreciated her whispering because Sully seemed to know exactly what was going on.

"Please fill this out and bring it back when you're done." She handed him a clipboard with paper on it and a pen under the clip. "The doctor will see you soon."

Mal took the clipboard and nearly fell when he walked off but Sully didn't move. "Come on here, Gargemel!"

Sully got up and went to the chairs set up in the waiting area and climbed on one.