Chapter 30

"I know you guys put off going on vacation for us but you don't have to stay." Brittany rocked with AJ.

"We're not leaving until you feel more comfortable." Mercedes promised.

"She's not leaving until you feel more comfortable." Marcy put up a hand. "I'm leaving tonight."

"Marce!"

"They were born on Thursday. It's Monday!"

"Stop that!"

"Rou and Yuri already left." Marcy and Karou had persuaded Yuria to come on vacation with their family since she was estranged from her own.

"I understand." Brittany nodded. "You want to lie on a beach."

"I want to drink on the beach." She corrected.

Mercedes glared at her sister. "Stop that! We can be here for our friends!"

"Guys?!" Quinn waved her hands. "Stop fighting! The babies will pick up on that!"

"Do you not remember who their mother and father are?" Marcy crossed her arms over her chest.

"Hey!" Santana bit off.

"You're lucky your professors let you take your exams online."

Santana stuck her tongue out. "Go away! We don't need you!"

"Then I guess I can catch an earlier flight."

"No!"

"Make up your mind, chick."

"How about we spend the day helping you prepare for the rest of break?" Mal soothed. "We'll be gone until after Mike's birthday so you guys have the place to yourselves until then."

"And we're staying with you until they get back so you'll never be without help." Janet added.

"Fine." Santana wouldn't admit that she was freaked out to be alone with her children.

"I'll get you some tea." Artie offered. "Boo Thang, I need you to fill the kettle for me."

Marcy straightened and followed him out to the kitchen. She filled the kettle before filling a cup with ice cold water from the faucet and drinking it.

"Can we talk?" He put the kettle on the range and fired up an eye.

She looked at him as she drank... but she didn't leave.

He sighed. "You're my best friend. No jokes, no games, no take backs. I love you. What we did- what I did was wrong. I tried to mess you up when all you did was have a few giggles. And the pranks weren't even all that bad.

I was an ass. I know you probably don't trust me anymore but I vow to get you to forgive me. I'm going to be so damn annoyingly upbeat and positive and buzz around you like a mosquito that just won't die that you're going to forgive me just to get some peace."

"I'm not looking forward to that." She spoke quietly.

"Oh, it's going to drive you crazy. But that's what you do for love."

She drank more to cover her speechlessness and overwhelming urge to speak simultaneously. When she was sure she was contained, she pulled the mug away (she had less than an ounce of water left anyway). "I'm getting you back."

"I can accept that."

"It'll be brutal."

"I deserve it. I had a copy the police didn't take and rewatching it... the fear on your face... it wasn't right what went down."