Chapter 14

Mal opened the door to the apartment and hustled in his surprise. He walked away a bit to make sure things were fine and upon seeing they were, left to find someone.

He searched downstairs and found Marcy and Ellen in the kitchen with Santana, who didn't work weekends, and Brittany, who had this Saturday off. The twins were in their highchairs, eating.

"Daddy!" They called out.

"Hey, guys!" He kissed them.

They began jabbering in their childish language in excitement.

"Hey, I got some good news." He told the adults.

"What is it?" Brittany clapped.

"Guess."

"You got a job." Marcy leaned on the counter.

"I hate playing this game with you. But yes, I got a job."

Ellen began jumping up and down before hugging him. "I'm so happy for you! What are you going to be doing?"

"I uh- found this gallery. It's owned by Antoll Anelli."

"Antoll Anelli?!"

"Yup! He said I just caught him cuz he just got back from Milan. I showed him my stuff and he said he wanted to mold me."

Ellen hugged him as Marcy lifted a brow. "Oh really?"

"Yeah, isn't it great?"

"It's something." Marcy twisted her lips.

"Come on! He wants to mold me! Me!"

"So he has a God complex..."

"Stop that! He's a big name. He sees something in me. I can't wait to work for him. He's eccentric and weird and brilliant!"

"Douchebags usually are."

"Aren't you happy for me?" He sulked.

"I am. I just don't want you to change to fit someone else's idea of what's right. You are good and you have talent. Don't let anyone take that away from you."

He smiled. "Well thank you. And speaking of what someone has, this is for you."

Ellen gasped as he brought flowers from his back and held them out to her. "Oh thank you!"

"You're welcome. And your gift is right this way."

Marcy eyed him suspiciously. "You're the one working with a big name but you're giving us gifts?"

"Yes. Besides, I owed you. I don't make promises I don't keep."

"Uh huh." Her lips twitched.

"Come see."

She let the twins down before walking out of the kitchen. "Where is it?"

"Keep going." Mal advised as everyone followed.

She marched forward to the front door. She screamed when she saw them. She turned to Mal and hugged him. "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!"

He laughed. "You're welcome."

She squeezed him and kissed his face before leaping off of him to sprint to the black baby goat and white lamb. "Hi, babies!"

Suddenly other animals were in the hallway. Sully circled fast while Secret circled slowly. Both looked for a place to bite.

Marcy pushed both away. "Stop that! I'm going to have to find a place for you two!"

"Mommy!" Mickey petted the lamb.