-15-

SORRY FOR THAT CLIFFHANGER!

"What's happening?" Ava whispered. She was startled by the alarm suddenly going off. "I think there's a clot in Sara's blood" Gideon responded calmly. Ava tried not to panick. She couldn't do anything to help her girlfriend. "What can we do?" Nate asked. He tried to stay calm, but you could see the worry in his face. "We need blood thinners" Jax said as he opened a cupboard and searched through all the medicines. "Here" he put it in a syringe and without hesitating he pricked her wrist with the needle. Nate held Sara down. For a moment nothing changed. Her heartbeat was all over the place. Jax held Ava's hand. Then Sara flatlined.

"GO GET THE DEFIBRILLATOR!" Nate panicked as he started giving Sara heart compressions. Jax nodded as he sprinted to the other side of the room and ripped the defibrillator from the wall. "Clear!" he yelled a moment later and Nate backed away. Jax defibrillated her. Nothing changed. As the defibrillator was charging Nate continued giving heart compressions. "Clear"

All Ava could do was watch how her teammates were trying to save her girlfriend. She held back tears after nothing changed the third time they defibrillated her. "Clear!" Jax wasn't giving up.

The next thing Ava heard was a sigh in relief. She could hear a steady heartbeat on the monitors. Jax put the defibrillator away and they calmed down. Sara was okay. For now.

"What happened?" Mick asked. He didn't seem too interested, but Jax and Nate decided to explain anyway. "Mr Tarazi, Ms Tarazi is asking for you in her room" Gideon announced. "It sounds like we're married" Behrad gasped as he tried not to laugh. He then wheeled to his sister's room. "Good to see you're awake, sis" he smiled as he opened the door. "I'm feeling much better. What was that alarm for?"
"Sara had a seizure. She's fine"
There was a silence. Behrad noticed something was up with his sister. "Are you okay?" he asked concerned.

"I'm healing quickly"

"You know that's not what I meant" Behrad came a little closer to his sister. He put a hand on her knee.

"It's just-- these people. They're all willing to die for each other. And I was useless out there" Zari sighed. Behrad didn't respond immediately so she continued. "For so long my life consisted out of pleasing my fans and I never had a relationship like all of you guys have"

"Z, you're not useless. You helped us a lot. And you're a part of this team. You're included in everything. We are all willing to die for you too"

Zari was trying not to tear up and nodded slowly. "Thank you" she said with a trembling voice. Behrad hugged her sister tight. "I love you"

"I love you too, bro"

Two weeks passed. "Are you ready?"

"Ready as I'll ever be" Ava gave a soft smile.

"Just lean on me whenever you need to" Jax said as he held out his hands. Ava nodded slowly and placed her hands in his. Then she swung her feet to one side of the bed and gathered all her strength. After one last deep breath she stood up. It took her a few tries, because the wound was still not entirely healed. "Come on, you're doing great" Jax grimaced. "I gues"

They shuffled over to Sara's bed. Ava grabbed her hand for a moment and gave it a little kiss. "You're going to be fine" she smiled.

Everyone started clapping as Ava and Jax slowly walked onto the Bridge. Zari's wounds and fractures had healed enough for her to get up. Behrad was walking with crutches.

"Can we leave the Temporal Zone?" Mick asked. Ava nodded. Gideon could devide her power now that only Sara was still in need of medical attention. "Great" they mumbled as they took their seats. Nate sat down in the captain's chair. Ava didn't feel up for it to fly the Waverider already. "First, we'll drop Mick off" Nate said as he plot a course for 2020.

"See you soon" Ava shook Mick's hand. She couldn't hug him goodbye. They would see each other next week for sure, because it was Christmas next week. Of course, they had to celebrate it together. Everyone. Every Legend that was still alive. Because, once a Legend, always a Legend. Jax left too. He needed to go back to his daughter. He high fived Ava and hugged the others. "See you next week" he smiled as he left.

Next stop was 2042. Zari and Behrad needed to attend to a family matter. They didn't tell anyone what exactly it was.

Nate and Ava were the only ones left. "Here" he handed her a cup of coffee. "Thanks" they both sat in the kitchen. "When do you think she's going to wake up?"

"Ava" Nate grabbed her hand. "Stop worrying. She will be all right"

A/N: I KEEP THINKING IM WRITING THE LAST CHAPTER AND THEN IM LIKE: NAH ILL MAKE ANOTHER.

i hope you enjoyed this chapter!

I am literally writing like five books at the same time... I haven't uploaded most of them, but I will soon! I'm trying to finish this book before I upload them. I probably don't have the patience, but we'll see!

stay safe :)