No. 37: First Burn

Patton was still over the moon about Logan.

Honestly, he couldn't believe that Virgil had had to tell him that Logan liked him back. Looking back, it was actually really obvious.

Patton had never dated anyone before, so he didn't know what to expect, but Logan was really sweet. He got flustered a lot, sure, and in true Jacobi fashion, he had no clue how to flirt, but Patton wouldn't have had it any other way.

Right now, the two of them were cuddling in one of the armchairs while watching She-Ra and the Princesses of Power. It was one of Patton's favorite shows, and he'd only just recently convinced Logan to watch it. Even though he kept on talking about how illogical it was, Patton could tell that he liked it.

"I must admit, Catra is a very compelling character," Logan commented. "Is she going to get a redemption arc?"

"No comment," Patton answered.

Logan raised an eyebrow. "'No comment' usually means 'yes,' Patton."

"You're just gonna have to wait and see."

"All right, fine, keep me in suspense."

Patton gasped. "You like it!"

"The magic and the extreme technology are fairly nonsensical, but the storyline and characters are intriguing." Logan tossed some popcorn into his mouth. "Honestly, though, I don't know how Adora didn't see through it sooner. I mean, Shadow Weaver even looks like a proper villain."

"Just watch the show," Patton sighed, resting his head on Logan's shoulder.

Knock-knock.

Patton looked up at him. "Do you mind if I get that?"

"No, I don't mind," Logan said, his eyes trained on the screen.

He kissed him on the cheek and got up, opening the door to reveal Janus standing on the other side.

"Jan! It's so good to see you!" Patton cheered, hugging him. "Come on in! Me and Lo-Lo were watching She-Ra if you wanted to join us."

"That sounds lovely, but no, thank---" Janus paused and grinned. "You call him Lo-Lo?"

"Please save the teasing for another time," Logan told him, pausing the TV. "Virgil told me about your latest scheme, by the way. Very nicely done."

"And we still haven't been caught," he said smugly. "Worthington can't find anybody to pin it on, because the note we left was made to look like his handwriting. And he hasn't made any sexist comments in over a week."

"Well, I'm glad to see that you punished him accordingly. What brings you here this evening?"

Janus started to look a little uncomfortable. "Yeah, about that... can I talk to Patton? Alone?"

Logan looked surprised. "Oh. Certainly." He got up and walked out of the room, closing the door behind him.

Patton gave Janus a concerned look. "What's wrong?"

"We, um..." He bit his lip. "We were training today. Privately. Me, Remus, and Augustus."

"Oh," Patton said softly. He could already tell where this was going.

"And, well..." Janus rolled up his right sleeve and displayed the burn to Patton.

Patton took his arm, peering at it. "Was Remy supervising?"

Janus nodded. "Augustus said it was an accident. It did look like one, if I'm being honest."

He sighed. "Jan, you gotta stop coming to me every time this happens. You need to tell someone."