Chapter 8

Nishinoya set up the final camera and nodded to himself. If this didn't catch whoever was letting mice out, nothing would. He turned to the employee of the pet store and smiled, giving him a thumbs up. "There ya go, sir! All fixed up for ya!" He said. "I'll come back when they get loose again and tell you who it was." He already knew who it was though; it was Hirami's little boyfriend.

He smirked at this and heard his phone ring. "Nishinoya." He said, smiling when a familiar voice answered.

"Hey, Noya-San! I was just calling to ask if you wanted to come over and visit for the holidays." It was Hinata Shoyo, Nishinoya's highschool friend. His team from his second year had kept in contact for a while.

"Yeah! Are you inviting anyone else?" Nishinoya asked. He already knew the answer.

"Yup! I invited Daichi, Suga, Tanaka and Kiyoka, Kageyama, Tsukki, Ennoshita, Tendou, Ushijima, Bokuto and Akaashi, and Kuroo and I got Koganegawa to come! Kenma is an if but you know how he is. I got a few more people but that's the confirmed ones." Hinata said.

"What about Asahi?" Nishinoya asked.

"Hmm? Oh, I don't have his number. Could you invite him? He can bring his family if he wants! I and Aone have a big house." The other said.

"You and Aone huh?" Nishinoya smirked.

"We aren't a couple! We moved in together because he lost his voice and needed a roommate to help with rent. I am dating someone just not Aone." The red-head pouted.

Nishinoya laughed. "If you say so Shorty." The two chatted for a bit before Nishinoya hung up and dialed Asahi's number and invited him. Asahi agreed to it and said he'd bring Leo. Nishinoya told Hinata and went home. Maybe he should move in with someone.

He went to the store and bought presents for everyone he knew, wrapping paper, tape, and some notecards. Nishinoya went home and got to work. He finished after a few hours and put the presents in a large box to bring to the party. He grinned and yawned, laying down to take a nap. He set an alarm so he could wake up to make himself some dinner and fell asleep on the couch. He woke up before his alarm to the sound of his door opening. He kept his eyes shut to seem asleep and heard the soft, but heavy footfalls that had become so familiar. He sat up to meet Tanaka's gaze. 

"Jesus Christ!" He sighed and bent over for a second. "You are so fucking scary." He mumbled. "Did you hear from shorty?" Tanaka leaned on the wall. 

"Yes, Hinata called me before I got presents," Nishinoya said. "What are you doing here?" 

"I came over to see if you wanted to spend the holidays with me and Kiyoko. She would love to have you around, and your apartment can get pretty lonely." Tanaka explained. "It wasn't my idea. She brought it up."

"Well, I'm honored to be in a goddess's presence. Just let me pack." He got up and left. 

Tanaka waited patiently for Nishinoya to get his things and come back. He sighed impatiently but was rewarded with Nishinoya coming out with his bag and grabbing the big box Tanaka had noticed. "What's that?" 

"Presents," Nishinoya said. "Not to be opened right now." He stuck his tongue out and smirked. Tanaka and Nishinoya walked out and drove to Tanaka's house. He yawned loudly as they drove and Tanaka smiled. 

Hopefully, everything would go well. Once they got to Tanaka's home, Nishinoya was greeted by Kiyoko. They hugged before Nishinoya grabbed his box and walked in. 

"Thanks for letting me stay Kiyoko," Nishinoya said. 

"Oh, no problem Nishinoya. It'll be good to have a smiling face around again. Ryuu has been caught up in work." Kiyoko glared playfully at her husband and he laughed. 

Nishinoya rose an eyebrow but he didn't question the two. He put his box near the door and looked around. Nishinoya smiled at all the holiday decorations. It was nice. Kiyoko disappeared into the kitchen and finished up making dinner. Tanaka and Nishinoya sat in the dining room enjoying each other's company.

Kiyoko came in and gave them both plates of food, setting a larger one down for herself. She gave them some hot chocolate and began eating. Nishinoya silenced their previous conversation and ate the food he was provided. Mashed potatoes, chicken, peas, and garlic bread. It was good, and the hot chocolate was obviously not packet made. 

"How'd you make the hot chocolate?" Nishinoya asked curiously. 

"Oh, Tendou loves to make chocolate bombs for hot chocolate during the holidays so he gave me some of a new batch to try out. Do you like it?" Kiyoko asked. 

"I do, it's really good," Nishinoya said, sipping the drink. She smiled and nodded, saying something about telling Tendou. Nishinoya was busy trying to figure out who Tendou was. He didn't remember him. Was he from a different team? Nekoma, maybe? He didn't think too hard, figuring he might be invited to the party the next weekend. 

"What did you think? Good?" Kiyoko asked as she cleared the table. "Hinata asked if I could cook for the party and I agreed so I'm trying new recipes to bring." She explained.

"New?! There's no way you haven't cooked that before! It's so good!" Nishinoya said.

"Thank you." Kiyoko blushed, brushing her hair behind her ear. "I appreciate it." 

Nishinoya smiled and the three watched a Christmas movie. It was The Grinch and Nishinoya had to bite his tongue to keep from commenting anything or quoting the Grinch as he usually did. Tanaka could tell but he didn't say anything. They made jokes throughout the movie and it was overall a good time. 

By nightfall, Kiyoko was having a hard time staying awake. Tanaka carried her to bed before leading Nishinoya to the guest room. After going there, he said goodnight and headed to bed. Nishinoya made the bed and took his shoes off, laying down. Smiling to himself, he turned over and fell asleep.