Chapter 7 War

Episode 1: The boy in the iceberg 
Season 1

Chapter 7 War

Third person POV. 

"Again," Iroh said. 

Zuko got ready and started to fight again. He was practicing his firebending and when he landed Iroh sighs and stands up in disappointment. 

He shakes his head, "No, power in firebending comes from the breath, not the muscles" he said. "The breath becomes energy in the body," he adds. He moves his arm around and places it in front of him, "the energy extends past your limbs and becomes fire!" He moves and bends with ease. 

Iroh steps back and places his arms in front of him, "Get it right this time" he said. 

Zuko shakes his head, "Enough!" He fires out. "I've been drilling this sequence all day. Teach me the next set, I'm more than ready" he fired out. 

"No, you are impatient. You have, yet, to master your basics. Drill it again!" Iroh fires out. 

Zuko glares at his uncle and growls at him, he turns and kicks his foot up and out, fire shots out and knocks the soldier back, he stands back on two feet and turns his attention back to his uncle, "The sages tell us that the Avatar is the last airbender" 

Iroh was glaring at his nephew who has continued to speak, "He must be over a hundred years old, by now. He's had a century to master the four elements. I'll need more than basic firebending to defeat him" 

"You will teach me the advanced set!" He yells out. 

Iron kept the glare on his face, "Very well. But first, I must finish my roast duck" he said. His face softens and bends over and grabs his boul and starts to eat. 

Zuko was even more mad as he watched his uncle eat his food, he wanted to train to become a stronger firebender, but his uncle won't train him fast enough. He tightens his fists and groans out, he takes a step back and turns away from his uncle. He stalks away and looks ahead of him. 

As he stood there being mad his body tenses as he felt a wave of emotions come over him. The anger in his body was slowly taken away from him and another feeling came rushing through his tense body. His chest was warm and... giddy. 

He tightens his grip again and looks away from the ice to his feet. He felt nice and it was different, he hasn't felt like this for years now and it was nice, he didn't like how it was making him feel. 

Third person POV.

Luna laughs with Aang as the little ones play with Appa and his tail. They were using it as a slide. 

Luna looks away from the kids as the corner of her eye catches Sokka coming over to them with a grumpy expression on his face, "oh, looks like we angered Sokka again" she said to Aang. Aang giggles and watches Luna jump and glide down and land softly. 

She watches Sokka stumble a couple of times before coming towards them, "Stop! Stop it, right now!" He yells. 

Sokka didn't stop until he was a few feet away from her, "what's wrong with you? We don't have time for fun with a war going on" he said. 

Luna snaps her eyes to Sokka confused, "what war?" Aang asks. He lands beside Luna with the same confusion on his face, "What are you talking about? What war?" She asks Sokka. 

She steps towards him slightly, "Are you kidding right?" Sokka asks them. Luna shakes her head and looks between them, "no" she mumbles out. “Wh-”

Before Luna could ask about it more, Aang was yelling out and started chasing after penguins. Luna without thinking followed him, she was older and wanted to make sure he was safe at all times, he was the Avatar after all and she was to protect him.