Chapter 12 HOME

Episode 3: The Southern Air Temple 
Season 1 

Chapter 12 HOME

Third person POV.  

Luna is sitting at the back of Appa letting the air hit her half covered face. She was trying to get her mind off the dark stuff, but.... it wasn't really working out well for her all her mind could think about is the dark stuff.  

She was so scared to go back home, it's been a hundred years since she was back there and before disappearing there was no war and now there is, a war that has lasted so far for a hundred years. A war that could have done something to her people. What will happen if they show up to the Air Temple and it is in ruins and no… airbenders? 

She knows she can handle the bad news, she's old enough to understand it even more than Aang, even though Aang is a smart kid who can handle a lot of things, but he's still a kid and this… could ruin him. She felt her heart speed up with her thoughts going farther in the dark. She closed her eyes and tried to drown everything out.   

“Hey, stomach be quiet, all right? I’m trying to find us some food.”  

Luna snaps open her eyes and looks towards Sokka. She laughs at how he was and just watches him, "Hey, who ate all my blubbered seal jerky?" He yells out.  

Sokka looks to Aang and Katatra and then to Luna. Luna shrugs her shoulders and looks to her brother to see what his response was, "Oh, that was food?" Aang speaks up. The young kid looks back to them with a smile, "I used it to start the campfire last night. Sorry." He adds on.  

"You what!?" Sokka yells out. He knew there was no fighting about this, the food was already gone and not helping him. He groaned out, "Uhhh... No wonder the flame smelled so good." He adds on more quality. 

Luna moves her eyes past Sokka and gasps, she is quick to get onto her feet and rush forwards, "The Patola Mountain range! We're almost there!" she yells out.  

"Luna! We're almost home!" Aang yells out to her. He looks up towards his older sister with a big smile on his face, she smiles back down towards him. She takes a seat beside her brother, happy but very worried for what to come.  

"Aang, Luna, before we get to the temple, I want to talk to you about the airbenders." Katara started. 

Luna looks away from grey to Katara. She waited for her to speak, "What about them?" Aang asks. 

"Well...I just want you to be prepared for what you might see," Katara started. 

Luna was watching Katara's every movement and emotions she was feeling. She could tell Katara was having a bit of a hard time saying it, but she continued to. Katara had to, well at least try to tell them. "The Fire Nations are ruthless. They killed my mother, and they could have done the same to your people" she adds on. 

Luna felt sorry for Katara but her words didn't stop her heart to speed faster, "Just because no one has seen an airbender doesn't mean the Fire Nations killed them all. They probably escaped" Aang said with hope. 

Luna looks away from them and wraps her arms around her knees, "I know it's hard to accept," Katara said. 

Aang looks towards Katara with a big smile on his face, "You don't understand, Katara. The only way to get to an airbender temple is on a flying bison and I doubt the Fire Nations has any flying bison, right, Appa?" Aang asks his big friend. 

Katara felt an emotion rush through her body, she felt worried for them. She moves her eyes to the neko and locks eyes with her. Katara could tell by Luna's eyes that she was understanding everything she was saying to them. She could see the fear and sadness in Luna's eyes but she couldn't look any further because Luna snapped her head away from Katara and looked ahead of her. 

Katara slouches slightly as she looks ahead of her, "yip, yip." 

Appa flew upwards faster around the mountain and before Luna could grab a hold of her big friend's hair she was pushed back by the harsh air and tumbles back. She squeaks out in pain as her back hits the front of Appas settle. Sokka had seen the girl coming his way so when he saw the chance and quickly he grabbed her body and slammed her down holding her there so she wouldn't fly away. She groans out in pain but holds onto something and Sokka. 

“There it is the Southern Air Temple” 

Sokka lets go of Luna and looks up. Luna wanted to see home so she pushed him away from her making him stubble to the side. She uses her airbending to sit and stand up, she looks ahead and smiles at the beautiful place she used to call home. 

“Aang it’s amazing”

Luna smiles big at how happy her brother was, the big smile on his face showed everyone how happy he was… and that scared her so much though, this could still be bad. 

Third person Pov. 
With Zuko

Nothing worked again for the banished prince. Once again he couldn't help her. He just couldn't, he had tried and failed and when he was going to try again he was stuck listening to the commander blab on and on. 

“And by year's end, the Earth Kingdom capital will be under our rule. The Fire Lord will finally claim victory in this war.” 

“If my father thinks the rest of the world will follow him willingly, then he is a fool.” Zuko said. 

“Two years at sea have done little to temper your tongue. So, how is your search for the Avatar going?” 

In the background Iroh was looking and playing with a lot of weapons and with the mentions of the Avatar he fumbled and caused everything to fall, “My fault entirely.” Iroh walks back awkwardly. 

Zuko looks away from his uncle and says, “We haven't found him yet.”

“Did you really expect to?”

--------------
I hope you like it.
I’m sorry for any short chapters.
Sorry for bad grammar or spelling errors. 
You may request any one shot.
This is what I write for. 

The list 

Marvel.  

Spiderman (All Movies, all Spidermans), Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, Venom, X-men, The Avengers, Guardians Of The Galaxy, DareDevil, Jessica Jones, Ultimate Spiderman, Doctor Strange, Ant-Man. 

DC
Batman, Superman, Young Justices, Teen Titans. 

Anime shows. 
Blue Exorcist, Vampire Knight, Black Butler, The Host Club, Yuri on ice, RWBY, Haikyuu!!.  

Disney/Pixar 
Descendants, Onward, The Incredibles, Big Hero 6, The Owl House. 

Dreamwork 
How to Train Your Dragon 1, 2, 3 and series, Rise of the Guardians, trollhunters tales of arcadia, 3 below tales of arcadia, wizards tales of arcadia.  

Nickelodeon 
Avatar: The Last Airbender, The Legend of Korra, Danny Phantom 

Tv Shows.
Supernatural, Gossip Girl, The Vampire Diaries, Pretty Little Liars, The O.C, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Twin Peaks, Community, Stranger Things. 

 Movies.
The Hobbit, The Great Gatsby, Night at the museum, Marvel, DC, Star Wars, Joker, Pitch Perfect, 

I don't know what to call. 
Gravity, Falls, Slugterra, Scooby Doo! Mystery Incorporated, She-Ra, Harley Quinn, Carmen Sandiego, creepypasta, The Dragon Prince. 

You can request whenever you want and as much as you want. I will try to get every single one written for you. I may not do some and that would be either I can't see myself being able to write it or it makes me uncomfortable.  
I don't judge.  
BUT i only write for Female readers or OC, not Male readers or OC. 
I write x readers. GirlxGirl, MenxGirl.