5

(Velaris's POV)

I was led out of the throne room as they took down Amren. I heard her try to get me from behind but if I looked back I wasn't sure I would've been able to keep walking towards the living hell I was to face.

The male to Amarantha's right, My High Lord, Rhysand, was leading me towards either my room or some form of punishment for the shit I pulled on Amarantha. I assumed the latter when I was suprised when he led me to a very nice room. I smelled like him so I was very confused.

"This is my room but after what you pulled, she'll want my... services to help her cope." If I didn't want to kill her already I really wanted to now. But this guy definitely has first dibs. "Is there anything I should know about you as I'm your High Lord and will have to check your mind for information later?"

Protect Velaris at all costs

"My name is Velaris Elentiya Bryaxson, I'm 25 and I lived under the library in-" he cut me off with his hand.

"I get it's your name but you'll go by Elentiya while your here. I never want that name defiled by being spoken in here." He growled. I didn't have to be told twice. That city saved me just as much as it did him. "Any other names you got that you'll never want to use again after we get out of here?" He genuinely asked. What he was really asking was what I wanted to be remembered as when I got out of here. I honestly had no clue, but then I remembered my first Starfall in Velaris. The city of my namesake and one I'll probably never see again.

All their memories were wiped. No one knows of her existence. She practically a ghost.

I didn't even realize Rhys was in my head until he laughed. Grinning from ear to ear. Then he finally spoke.

"The Ghost it is then.."

I quickly washed up and put on my fighting leathers. I also added a mask covering half my face and a hood so as to not draw any more attention to me as necessary.

Amarantha was waiting for us as we entered. It was a small room with three chairs and a table. I took the seat across from the other two and slowly sat down. Never having my icy gaze leave the fake queen. She smelled of something I remember Bryaxis explaining, or rather somewhere... the Isle to the left of Prynthian, Hybern. But now was not the time for me to question them, and that time would never come.

"What's your name my dear?" Amarantha purred. I was really pissed off at her for using the name Bryaxis and Amren used to me but I shrugged it off. The High Lord looked at me as if I was a puzzle he was trying to figure out. Almost like awe and confusion all at once. Then I remembered what he said to me in his room earlier.

"My name is Elentiya, your grace" I said. Trying my very best to sound convincing.

"Truth" was all Rhysand said.

"Where are you from?" She asked

"Illyrian war camps" I answered

"Truth" The High Lord lied.

"Species, powers?"

"I don't know, I was human at birth but then I world walked here. Lightning, blood bending and Shadow-singing."

"Truth"

"Well Elentiya, you'll be a good resource for the time being. Don't wreck it. Also, you'll need a name... to hide your identity"

It was Rhys who spoke up next. Which confused me at first but then I remembered he was in my minds earlier and we had picked it out.

"She has an attachment to The Ghost" he said, not giving anymore than that to her. Honestly there was nothing else I ever wanted Amarantha to know about me. Even this was too much.

"The Ghost you shall be."

•••~•••
Hey Guys!! Shorter chapter, I'm kinda in a writers block and would love to hear suggestions about where you want the story to go from here!! Happy Holidays!! Hope I get another update in before the new year but no promises! haha