Where loyalty's lie

"Wake up!" Moonbyul felt a kick to the chair she was sitting in. Gone were the chains around her arms, replaced by handcuffs. "Ladies and gentleman of the royal court. I understand your anger and confusion. The king is dead and I the rightful King am here to take my throne. Join me in a new era. An era where we do not have to hide in fear or deny our natural instincts. I will bring us out of the darkness that the false king put you in and show you power and glory. The ban on humans will be gone." Minhyuk's voice boomed through the hall as he placed the kings crown upon his head.

Namjoon stood close by Moonbyul and held the key to her cuffs. He slipped the key into her hands before moving to Hyejin and doing the same. The chair she was chained to clattered onto the floor. The noise echoing through the hall. "You are no king and never will be. My father brought peace among not only our kind but the humans as well. Both species have lived in harmony until now. I'll be damned if I let anyone change that." Moonbyul spat as she stood across from Minhyuk. The guests eyes widen at the exchange taking place.

"Your a fool Moonbyul. They won't accept you as Queen. You've broken your sacred laws you will be killed just like my father was and now yours as well. How does it feel Moonbyul? You've attacked not only humans but your own love and her friend." Minhyuk laughed maniacally as he laid on the floor. Gasps and murmurs could be heard upon the revelation.

Moonbyul's eyes widen. She couldn't recall what happened before waking up in the mansion again. "What are you taking about. I haven't harmed anyone!" She growled.

"I'm talking about how you attacked not only your precious Yongsun but her best friend Wheein as well. You drank from them like a savage. Their bodies rot in the chamber you left them in."MinhYuk laughed out. Moonbyul's eyes widen in shock looking to others for verification. Moonbyul fell to the floor not waiting for verification from others. She rested on her knees with her head hung low waiting for the guards to imprison her. Gasps and murmurs could be heard from throughout the crowd.

"Majesty, is this true? Did you attack two humans and kill them?" A court member asked.

"I can't remember. The last thing I remember is waking up chained to a chair in an interrogation room at the barracks. Minhyuk was there with a few others. Then everything is blank. I'm so sorry." Moonbyul weakly said.

A few council members called for her immediate removal from the throne and execution. "Wait! You valued your father's beliefs too much to go against him. I cannot believe that you committed such a horrendous crime willingly." A slender woman with short hair spoke up as she walked through the crowd.

"Your correct Miss. Manoban. This act was done unwillingly. No crime has been committed on behalf of our majesty Miss Moon. I was there in the room. It's fuzzy but I remember. He cut both women and forced Moonbyul to drink their blood. All of you know the Moon family has never drank human blood. This act threw Moonbyul into a craze she couldn't control. Yes, she bit and drank from both of them but it was against her will. " Hyejin spoke up finally after coming to her senses. 

Moonbyul looked up to Hyejin with wide eyes. "Are they okay? Did I really kill them?" Moonbyul asked with now pleading eyes.
"They are alive, but barely. We had a team transfer them to the royal infirmary after Minhyuk's gang was taken out. You can see her shortly." Hyejin rested her hand on Moonbyul's shoulder reassuring the vampire. Moonbyul stood up and faced Minhyuk who had fear and desperation in his eyes.

"These women lie! They will say anything to keep the throne. I chained Moonbyul up to protect others against her rage!" Minhyuk quickly exclaimed trying to win the court over.

"Then minhyuk explain why you drugged our drinks this evening. Or was that Moonbyul as well?" An middle aged gentleman stepped forward anger laced in his voice.

"I...uh I...don't know how that happened. My assistant Namjoon handled the drinks. He must be working with Moonbyul." Minhyuk became nervous and stuttered as he backed away from the edge of the platform.

"Sir, I can explain that. Yes I was the head bartender tonight but before the party started I was approached by one of Minhyuks colleagues Kai with what he claimed to be the Kings favorite drink to be served this evening. He was the one who served you all tonight the poison you drank. I've been forced to be one of Minhyuk's followers for some time now. He kidnapped my sister a few years after we were turned into vampires. When he gave me the task to do recon on Moonbyul, I took it as an opportunity to save myself and my sister from his sinister grasp. This evening was the night he planned to execute the royal family. I informed Moonbyul and the royal guard of this and we did our best to stop him.I am sorry we failed in that mission and our king has been murdered by Minhyuk." Namjoon stood beside Moonbyul confessing everything he knew.

"You traitor! You will never see your sister now. I knew you were nothing but a rat!" Minhyuk lunged for Namjoon but was tackled by a strong force. Before Minhyuk could process his surroundings and fight back, Moonbyul had him pinned to the ground by his neck.

"Your finished Minhyuk! Your are now charged with the murder of the king, kidnapping, drugging individuals, and torture. The punishment for your crime is death. Your followers will have the same fate." Moonbyul stood and gave him to guards who placed him in shackles.

"Miss. Moon, with your father gone you are now the Queen. You must take the throne immediately." One of her fathers advisors approached carefully. "That will have to wait. My priority is to see to Yongsun and Wheein. Minhyuk's execution will take place when they have woken. Ladies and gentlemen, I apologize for this evenings drastic and unfortunate turn of events. We will release all important dates soon. I hope that we can all move on and grow from this night." Moonbyul addressed the royal court in attendance before exiting with Hyejin to head to the medical center.