Chapter Twenty-Nine ~ The Battle Continues

⚠︎𝐁𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠⚠︎

"Varian?!" Rapunzel said, gladly surprised as Varian and Pebble walked into the room they were locked in. Varian sighed from relief.

"I'm so glad you're okay." He said as he kneeled down next to Rapunzel and Eugene, to free their hands from the chains.

"We're so glad you're okay." Eugene replied, when Varian was freeing his hands as last. When Rapunzel and Eugene were both freed, they pulled Varian into a tight hug, that he gladly returned. They let go after about ten seconds, and Eugene frowned, "Where's Kristoff?"

"Fighting Matthias outside." Varian answered. "Why is he betraying him?" He asked. Rapunzel sighed. 

"He's minionized, just like Norm and the others. He has no choice but to obey Hans." She explained, as she stood up from the floor and walked towards the small kitchen of the cabin, that was placed next to the front door.

"How are we going to get him back to normal?" Varian asked as Eugene, Pebble, and he followed Rapunzel.

"There's only one way to do that." She said, as she opened a drawer and pulled a frying pan out.

"And that is?" Varian asked confused.

"Taking the leader out." She said with a deep voice, as she swung the frying pan in the air. Both Varian and Eugene smiled. They knew exactly what Rapunzel was thinking.

********

"Come on Matthias, why are you doing this?" Kristoff asked, as he was still fighting with someone that was supposed to be loyal to him, but who was now doing the complete opposite. And who was also ignoring every single thing Kristoff said. 

"He won't listen to you. He only listens to me." Hans said, and reached in his pocket again. 

Kristoff noticed Rapunzel in the corner of his eye, walking up to Hans from behind with a frying pan in her hands, ready to knock him out. He pretended not to notice, and focused on Matthias again, until a purple light appeared in the corner of his eye. 

"I think it's time that you listen to me too." Hans said with a deep voice, wanting Kristoff to look at the stone, so he could take control of his mind. But he was too late. The frying pan had already knocked him out. He fell down on his knees, with his face in the grass. Varian and Eugene cheered, as Rapunzel swung her frying pan in the air as a victory dance. 

Kristoff smiled, but Matthias continued to fight for a second, until he suddenly stopped. He dropped his sword and shook his head lightly as if he regained consciousness. Kristoff kept his sword pointed at him, just in case this was all an act.

"Y-Your majesty?" Matthias said and put his hands in the air as he stared at Kristoff's sword, with his eyes full of confusion. He looked around, "W-Where are we? What happened?" He asked. Kristoff frowned.

"You don't remember anything?" He asked the confused general.

"No, your majesty, I don't. But seeing you're pointing your sword at me I'm figuring I did something bad." He replied. Kristoff lowered his sword. 

"Yeah, you did. But I guess that's for later then." He said, walked over to Rapunzel and Eugene, and pulled them into a hug. "Thank God you guys are okay." Kristoff said. Rapunzel and Eugene smiled.

"Yeah, and you too." Eugene said. When they pulled away, Kristoff high-fived Varian, and then frowned.

"Where's Elsa?" He asked.

"We think she's upstairs. We heard someone scream a few hours ago, and we thought it sounded like Elsa." Rapunzel said.

"It has to be her." Kristoff replied, and took the keys from Varian.