Welcome to Crete chapter 50

They met Pedros and Michaelis at the Marina and followed them the short distance towards the magnificent forty-foot yacht. As they neared it Sal squealed with delight and chatted away excitedly to Fay who held onto her excitement but felt flutters in her stomach all the same. Pedros led Tom and Adam ahead of the girls and spoke discretely to them, stressing the importance of approaching Michaelis about the mysterious incidents that had been happening lately out of earshot of the girls.

"I understand what you are saying but since Fay has been caught in the middle of all of this, she will want to be involved," Adam pointed out.

"I know, that is why I am relying on you to convince her to stay with Sally. Eh, they are women right, they can sunbathe on the deck while us men talk, but Michaelis will not discuss these things with Fay there. Better to protect her, the less she knows the better," Pedros added.

Adam was not sure if he agreed with him on that. If she was more informed then she would be more aware of the dangers. On the other hand, he also wanted the input and support of Michaelis. He decided to go along with Pedros and Michaelis for the time being and speak to Fay afterwards if he found out anything significant.

They boarded the yacht over the aft and moved into the cockpit where they were introduced to the crewmember, Gregoris, who was stood next to the wheel. The sail could be seen overhead, furled onto the boom, and there were all number of ropes on runners to the side of them. Michaelis and Gregoris gestured for them to take a seat and soon they dropped the lines, moving out of the marina using the engine. It wasn't long before they were clear of the marina and they had the opportunity to raise the sails. Fay and Sal looked up in awe as the yacht moved with the wind, and they sat in the cockpit for some time just enjoying the new and exciting experience. After a while Michaelis asked Gregoris to take the helm and he invited them down the steps to the saloon for some champagne.

Bloody hell, this man had style, and a hell of a lot of money too!

They took their trainers off before they descended the steps and marvelled at the stunning interior with the polished wooden walls, white carpets and white leather seating. Michaelis handed them a glass of champagne each and turned to Fay and Sal.

"Girls, if you want to change you can use the forward cabin through there," he suggested, pointing further down the yacht. "The sun is good on the fore deck."

Fay and Sal looked quizzically at Michaelis, wondering where exactly the fore deck was.

Michaelis laughed. "It's at the front of the yacht."

"Oh," they said in unison, feeling foolish for not knowing, and heading out of the saloon to the forward cabin.

As soon as they were behind closed doors they turned to each other and paused for a second before grabbing each other's hands and jumping up and down with excitement.

"Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god!"

Back in the saloon the men were just taking their seats when they heard the cries coming from the cabin and laughed loudly at the girls' excitement.

When they had eventually calmed down, Fay and Sal changed into their bikinis and covered up with wraps around their bikini bottoms. Grabbing their sunglasses and MP3 players, they emerged timidly and went back through the saloon, where the men were chatting about sailing, and up the steps again to look for the fore deck. The men turned to glance at them when they passed through, and Adam's eyes followed Fay as she moved behind him and climbed the steps. She turned to look back at him over her shoulder before stepping back into the cockpit and he gave her a wink, making her feel even more lightheaded and carefree.