Blood Spilled

Y/n's POV
I stretched my body as far as I possibly could, my mind focused on getting Mariana out of the path of the bullet.

I grabbed her shoulders, and used all my momentum to force both of us to the ground. But of course I couldnt be so lucky that both of us were uninjured.

I managed to push Mariana to the ground, but the bullet dug it way into my left shoulder.

Y/n: Ahh shit!

I yelled as Mariana and I hit the ground and hid behind a broken car.

Eleanor: Y/n you okay?

Eleanor shouted from across the junkyard

Y/n: Yep

I shouted back, trying to sound as unfazed as I could as I watched the blood course out of my shoulder.

Javi: You sure?

Javi asked, not convinced by my reply. I reached up and touched the bullet wound on my shoulder. I recoiled from the siering pain it sent through my body.

Y/n: Nope

I shouted to Javi, a lot more honestly. They all looked at me with worry in their eyes.

I could even see a slight bit of worry in Clementine's eyes, which confused me because I only met her 5 minutes prior.

No one could look at me for to long because there was bullets being fired at us from the bushes.

Mariana then looked at me with gratitude and worry in her eyes.

Mariana: You saved me. Thank you.

Y/n: Thank me after we get to Prescott.

I told her as I reached for my AR-15 over my shoulders. I grabbed it with my right hand and then began to move my left hand to grab it, when the siering pain returned to my shoulder.

I screamed in pain which alerted most of the men shooting at us to me being injured. And so most men began firing primarily at me and Mariana.

Mariana: Y/n are you okay?

She asked, concern clearly evident in her voice, when a bullet flew a few inches from her face. We both then ducked our heads down and tucked our bodies in tight against the car.

Kate: Mari! I'm gonna try and get to you okay?!

Kate yelled as she began to manoeuvre her way over to us.

Y/n: No! That's suicide!

I shouted, trying to get her to stay where she was, but she wasnt listening to me.

Kate then looked over at us and broke into a sprint. Out from the bushes a bullet came flying across the junkyard and straight into Kate's side.

She then fell down on the rocky ground, blood pouring out of the point the bullet entered.

I tried to push myself up to help her, but my left arm gave way, making me fall back down to the ground.

Javi: Cover me

I heard Javi say to Clementine as he ran to move Kate out of the danger zone.

Eleanor: We gotta get of here

Eleanor shouted to everyone.

Clem: No we gotta finish these guys off, and stop them from following us.

I then quickly thought of the best plan I could.

Y/n: Javi, take your family back to Prescott. Clementine and I will finish these bastards off and meet you there.