✩ тωєиту fσυя ✩

✩✩ ✩✩ ✩✩ ✩✩ ✩✩

ᴡᴀʀ! ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɪs ɪᴛ ɢᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ?

ʀɪᴠᴇʀ Song sings giddily to herself, dancing along to the sound of the ringing klaxons echoing around the Stormcage Containment Facility, memories of her drunken night with her friend replaying through her head. She's quick to pick up the phone, calling off the guards and the klaxons, laughing joyfully as she requests breakfast at her usual time. Being locked up here isn't as bad as it seems, the guards are gorgeous, the food is delicious and it's just so easy to break out.

As she's dancing back to her cell, a pair of beautiful ice skates hanging from her hands, she notices the shadowy creature waiting in the distance, flowing white dress hidden by the darkness.

River smirks. "They give me Goddesses now, do they?" she teases, swaying where she stands, "surprised they even read my memos."

The woman steps out into the light. She's wearing a beautiful white stola, her palla wrapped around her shivering shoulders. Dark hair curls around a pale face, midnight eyes glowing like stars in nothingness.

"River. It's Kate," she greets, sounding grave, "Do you know who I am? With the time streams, I'm not sure where we stand."

River almost lets out a laugh. This is Kate Oswald. The Doctor's star. The most beautiful woman in the cosmos. How could she not know?

"Yes, of course, we've met. Hello, Kate."

River feels like she might cry. The most special day of the year and Kate Oswald has shown her face. First, the Doctor had taken her out for drinks, now the woman the whole galaxy wants to know is standing right in front of her. What a treat this has all been.

"Is everything alright?" Kate asks, sounding worried as if anything could be wrong right now.

"It's my birthday!" River tries not to cheer, but she can't keep the smile from her face. "The Doctor took me ice skating on the River Thames in 1814, the last of the great frost flares. He got Stevie Wonder to sing for me under London Bridge."

"Stevie Wonder sang in 1814?"

"Yes, he did! But you must never tell him!" Kate nods. A silent promise.