Chapter 3: Ruined

CHAPTER 3: Ruined

“This is my locker.” Dahyun informed the girl next to her as she opened it then took the umbrella. “Do you have an umbrella?”

“N-no.” Sana answered shyly.

Dahyun giggled, “Here.” she offered the umbrella to Sana who had an unreadable expression on her face.

“What about you?” Sana asked. She wouldn't really mind going without an umbrella as long as Dahyun had one.

“I have a car.”

That shocked Sana. The girl didn't seem like that kind of person who drives around with a car. “You do?”

“Yes, but Tzuyu drives it for Chaeng and I since we all live together.”

“Oh.”

Dahyun then opened her mouth as if she was about to ask the Japanese something, but closed it immediately. Sana noticed it, (not because she was focusing on the girl's lips the entire time. It was definitely not that.)

Sana grinned, “What is it?”

“If you do not want to borrow my umbrella, you can catch a ride with us.” Dahyun suggested, blood rushing from her neck to her cheeks. It was quite visible because of her pale skin, but Sana was too much of a useless homosexual to notice.

Sana's eyes widened. She did not expect that at all. “Really?”

“Yes.” Dahyun nodded three times.

“Yeah, sure!” Sana answered enthusiastically, locking her arm around Dahyun's. The latter flinched as she removed the brunette's arm away from hers. That made Sana confused. Does she hate her? No. She wouldn't have offered the ride if she does. But what if she's just too much of a sweetheart to just leave a random girl in the rain alone? What if–

“Dubu! Get over here!” Sana's train of thoughts were cut short when she heard a familiar voice shout from afar.

“Let's go.” Dahyun glanced at the older girl. She wanted to offer her hand so bad, but she was scared. What if it hurts? Or what if Sana's hand was dirty. The bacteria might transfer in her hand and she might get sick because of it. Her mom told her so.

They both walked over the car where the loud rapping Chaeyoung and a smiling Tzuyu were. Sana noticed that this was probably the first time she saw the Taiwanese smile genuinely.

“I told you to get me at exactly 3:12 PM,” the pale girl next to Sana said as she looked down at her watch, “It is now 3:24. I was supposed to get home at 3:30 but the car ride takes 18 minutes, which means I will arrive home at 3:48 and I wouldn't be able to drink my chocolate milk at exactly 3:50 PM. My plans for today is now ruined.” Dahyun rambled, ruffling her hair.

Chaeyoung must have noticed her best friend's discomfort, because she looked at her apologetically. “I'm so sorry, Dubu. But we got held up because Tzuyu here–”

Tzuyu's ears perked when she heard her name, “Excuse me? You were the one who was inside that locker room, pinning your girlfriend against–”

Sana felt like she shouldn't be hearing this kind of conversation, so just covered both her ears with her hands.

Chaeyoung's mouth were wide open as she put her palm against the talking Yoda's obnoxious mouth.

“Look, how about we just do the Monday routine tomorrow, and do the Tuesday routine right now? We can get you home at 3:50 and go to Jihyo's Cafe at 4:00. How's that sound?” Chaeyoung suggested, showing her dimpled smile that can charm the whole school population.