Chapter 25: As Long As It's With You

CHAPTER 25: As Long As It's With You

When Dahyun stepped foot on Sana's place, Momo immediately sensed the atmosphere so she announced that she needed to leave and talk with some of her students, which Dahyun was thankful for, since she needed to be alone with Sana as of now.

“Do you need anything? Water? Tea? Wait– you don't like tea, right? How about coffee? No? What abou–” Sana stammered as the raven haired girl just stood by the living room. She was a nervous trainwreck and it was embarrassing.

“Sana. I– you should sit down.” Dahyun suggested.

And Sana immediately obliged as she bounced her leg up and down, biting her lower lip before facing the younger girl. “Okay.” she breathed out. “What do you wanna talk about?”

Dahyun ran her hand through her dark hair as she sighed nervously at the Japanese girl. “I made a speech for this whole thing, but– but I accidentally lost them on my way here.”

What was that supposed to mean? Sana could feel her heart rate increase as she tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear. She had no idea what was happening and her hands were turning really cold. Speech? What for? Rejection?

Dahyun just remained in her spot as she let out a shaky breath, and it was making Sana really nervous. It was funny how the two of them were feeling anxious but with two completely different reasons.

“You–” Dahyun exhaled as she tried to muster up her courage, “You remind of my fifth grade field trip.”

Okay, that was far from what Sana had expected. Now she felt completely clueless on what was happening, so she let the girl continue.

“I was scared.” the Korean spoke, “it was going to be my first time going unsupervised. Without– without my mom. I– I did not know what to do nor feel because everything that day went out of my control. I was seated on the fourth row and I didn't want that. I wanted to sit on the third because I love the number three. So I had a breakdown. I cried. But– but Chaeyoung and Tzuyu were by my side. Chaeyoung–” she chuckled, “she attacked the little kid that was sitting on the third row because she thought he was bullying me. It– it was a complete disaster. Then the teacher forbid us to go out for our first destination, which was the zoo, because we acted irresponsibly.”

“I– I have autism.” the girl stated then looked at Sana's eyes for a few seconds, “I liked to keep things organized. I don't like it when things get out of control. And I– I take rules too seriously. I even made rules for myself, and I've never broken one of them in my entire life. BUT I badly wanted to see the animals on that zoo. So– so I thought that breaking one rule wouldn't hurt, would it?” she muttered, “And as a person with– with a special way of outlook in life, doing things out of my comfort zone was one of the hardest things for me to do. But I thought that it wouldn't be that bad, so as much as it bothered me, I broke the rules. I invited Chae and Tzuyu to sneak out with me so we could see the animals, and I had to admit, we really enjoyed it. It was exhilarating and we had a lot of fun.”

Sana didn't know where she was going with this but she just let the girl talk.

“That was the first time I broke the rules and it was memorable for me.” the younger girl exhaled, as she stated into space, looking for the right words, “But like I said, I even made rules for myself. Up till now. And– and one of them was never let my heart get broken by the same hand twice.”

If you thought about it on Sana's perspective, that rule was obviously made for her and it sounded like she was one step ahead from rejection, so imagine her surprise when Dahyun suddenly held her hand like it was the most precious thing in the world.