Chapter 34: Invisible String

CHAPTER 34: Invisible String

“Why did you even let her leave in the first place?” Lia, her assistant asked as she sat in front of Sana, who was busy flipping through the pile of papers on her desk.

“She needed to bring something back to them.” Sana replied simply.

Then Lia furrowed her eyebrows together, obviously confused with the brunette's timid answer. “But what if something goes wrong?”

That made the Japanese to finally look up, “Like what?”

“I don't know. What if her ex persuades her into getting back together or something.” Lia shrugged.

Sana pursed her lips and got into thinking. That wouldn't be possible, right? She trusted Dahyun and she knew that the latter was in love with her as much as she was. She wouldn't let her assistant's words get into her, otherwise, her girlfriend's words of reassurance the other day would've been for nothing.

“No. Dahyun's over her.” the brunette muttered.

“Yeah, but how about the ex? Is she really over Ms. Dahyun?”

The brunette frowned at Lia as she had no idea why the younger girl seemed to be so negative today. It was unlike her. Lia was a really cheery person and even loved the idea of Sana and Dahyun being in a relationship together. “I– I guess? I mean, she cheated.”

“But that doesn't mean she doesn't love her anymore. If anything, it'll only push her more to try and pursue Ms. Dahyun again.”

“What makes you think that?” Sana catechized.

Lia shrugged nonchalantly, “I've been there before.” she sighed, “Yeji, my ex, she cheated on me and now she's trying to get me back. She tried everything and made me fall for her all over again. And now, look at us! Back in to this stupid circle.” she grumbled.

So that's why Lia didn't seem like she was in the mood today. She had her own relationship problems, “Well, Dahyun and Nancy are different.”

“Different how?”

And that question alone made Sana's mind to wonder. The girl had a point. How were they so different? Nancy cheated and once broke Dahyun's heart. What's stopping her from pursuing the raven? Especially now that the latter was in their place, reminiscing and probably having fun with her family.

“I see.” Lia hummed when her boss didn't dare utter a word.

-

Dahyun was glad.

Not because she was with Nancy and her parents, but because she felt like a task or an obligation that she wouldn't be able to do was finally going to be lifted off her shoulders. Something was telling her that this would be it. This was going to be the last time that she'd ever see Nancy. Because she had to admit, a small part of her was still a little hurt by the fact that Nancy had cheated on her. She cared about Nancy, she really did. And when she saw the girl with another person, having sex on their couch, she just felt betrayed.

She didn't have feelings for her anymore. She knew that. But she still needed something from the girl.

Closure. They didn't get to have that. Because as soon as they broke up, of course they didn't keep in contact.

Okay, maybe Nancy did try to call her a plenty of times to the point where Dahyun had to block her.

“Hey,” the girl in question approached Dahyun, who was sitting silently by the porch. The raven still had the ring in her pocket. “Wanna head inside?”