Chapter 32: I Just Got You Back

CHAPTER 32: I Just Got You Back

“That's such a stupid thing to say. Especially when she's already your ex.”

“Yes, that is very true.” Dahyun replied as she opened the door in her clinic with Sana following suit.

“But are you gonna do it?” Sana asked curiously as she smiled at the few nurses inside.

The raven haired girl stopped walking and looked at the older girl as she tilted her head. “Do you want me to?”

And Sana didn't know what to say. Of course, she didn't want to. Nancy just asked Dahyun to come with her in the weekends to visit her parents since they wanted to see her and they still had no idea that the ‘couple’ had already broken up because of their daughter's mistakes. It was such a stupid idea. Like, why couldn't she just tell them that they broke up? That didn't seem so hard. But then again, Sana remembered that she didn't know a single shit about Nancy, so she had no right to judge her.

“I don't know, really.” Sana murmured.

Dahyun stared at the girl's defeated expression for a moment before cupping her cheeks and gave her a peck. “Okay. I won't go, then.”

“It's bothering you.” Sana blurted out as she leaned against the girl's touch.

“Yes, it is bothering me, but not so much. Don't worry.”

That's not the answer she was expecting.

“Why would it bother you, though?”

The younger girl let go of the girl's cheeks and latter immediately missed the contact. “Her parents are really nice to me and– and they always treat me as one of their own whenever I visit there. And now Nancy said that they missed me, I– I felt like I owed them something.”

“So you do wanna go.” Sana spoke and it didn't sound like she was asking. It's more like she was just stating a fact.

“I told you already. I won't go.”

“Because I technically asked you to. What if I say I'd be okay with it?”

“But you aren't.” Dahyun answered as she furrowed her eyebrows.

“I meant hypothetically. You would, right?”

Dahyun sighed and looked away, “I'm not going, okay?”

Sana noticed the annoyance in her girlfriend's tone and it sounded so strange for her. It was the first time she saw her like that. “You're not answering my question.”

“Because it's irrelevant.”

“I'm asking you about your opinion– and what you actually wanted to do! How is that irrelevant?” Sana didn't know why she was feeling quite irritated at that moment.

“Because it does not matter. Nancy is my ex and spending the weekend with her and her family is not right.”

“It's not right, but you wanted to do it.” It was at that moment that Sana realized that it wasn't her that was talking anymore. It was her insecurity and she knew it was getting out of hand.

“You're putting words into my mouth.” Dahyun bit back.

Sana huffed, “But it's true, right? You wanted to go with her but you can't because your clingy and annoying girlfriend wouldn't let y–”

“Stop talking!” Dahyun's volume grew louder, but she wasn't shouting nor did she looked angry. It made the brunette fall into silence when she saw the frown on the younger girl's face. The raven haired girl ruffled her hair and moved forward, “I– I'm sorry. I did not mean to yell, but– but please stop talking. Just– just go to work. I will see you later.”