Chapter 14: Letter of a Broken Heart

CHAPTER 14: Letter of a Broken Heart

“Why? What happened here?”

Sana bursted through the doorway with a frown on her face while Dahyun was trailing behind her. After the phone call earlier, the brunette immediately asked to go back to the hotel so she could check up on her best friend.

Nayeon faced the Japanese before shrugging, “I don't know. Momo got a call from someone, then the next thing I know she just shut down. She looked like she was spacing out and then she excused herself to go to the bathroom, but she still haven't come back.”

“I– that wasn't the first time that happened.” Dahyun retorted, making Nayeon and Sana look at her in confusion.

“What do you mean?” the oldest one asked.

Dahyun ruffled her hair as she let out a sigh, “I've seen her like that before. At the cafe. She– she wasn't moving and when I asked her what was wrong, she started crying so I let her borrow my Davely for a while because Davely makes me feel better when I'm sad, and I know it would also work for her. It worked for Chaeyoung once.” she mumbled the last part.

If Sana was in a different situation, she would have kissed and hugged Dahyun for being such an adorable sweetheart, but she couldn't. Her mind was focused on her best friend. Who was the person that had been calling her? Sana might had an idea, but she just didn't want to believe nor think that she was right.

Sana placed her hands on her hip as she bit her lower lip, (A/N: that rhymed) “Dahyunie, Nayeon.” she called for the two's attention, “Do you mind stepping out for a bit? I'll try to talk to Momo alone.”

“Okay. I will see you later.” Dahyun kissed her cheeks before going outside along with Nayeon.

When the two were gone, Sana exhaled to release some tension then sauntered towards the bathroom, knocking softly, “Momoring? It's me. Sana. What's wrong?”

As the younger Japanese girl expected, there was no response. She was really worried and just wanted to take the keys, but at the same time she didn't want to invade her best friend's privacy. But as she was just about to turn away, she heard Momo's faint voice.

“Sattang?”

That alarmed Sana. Momo only calls her ‘Sattang’ when she was concerned and wanted to tell her something important, or she was just really sad. The brunette leaned her head against the door, “Yes, it's me. Are you okay?”

Sana heard shuffling from the other side which she assumed was a sign that Momo probably stood up to open the door so the brunette backed away a little.

When Momo's face appeared, she didn't looked like she cried at all. It was more like ‘stress’. Like she had been thinking a lot, “Can we talk? I need– I need to tell you something.”

Feeling a little nervous since she rarely see this side of Momo even though they basically lived and grew up together in Japan, the brunette agreed. “Of course.”

Momo lead them to the balcony which only added to Sana's nervous state. The older Japanese sat down on the chair as the brunette did the same.

“Mom called.”

Sana's breathing dropped since she wasn't expecting that. She knew how much Momo despised her mother, especially when they were younger.

“Why?”

Momo fiddled with her fingers as she sighed heavily, “It had something to do with your dad.”

Now this is where the not-so-big revelation comes in.