Chapter 29: I'd Do Anything For You

A/N: I'll explain something later.

CHAPTER 29: I'd Do Anything For You

After a long day at work, Sana had decided to go home and just take a rest or even just cuddle with her girlfriend. A lot had been going on with the company and it had been stressing her out non-stop. Some of her business partners were acting like a pain in the ass and she just wanted to strangle them to death. Dahyun was the only one keeping her sane at the moment.

“Babe? I'm home!” she announced to no one in particular since no one greeted her as soon as she stepped inside. She didn't think of it as a big deal though. Dahyun was probably already sleeping. She also had a long day at work after all.

Frowning, Sana dropped her coat on the floor when she noticed that the place was unusually quiet. She didn't hear anything other than Tofu's small whining and it worried her a lot. The brunette then walked passed him, knocking on the door that he was facing earlier.

“Hello? Dahyunie?” she voiced, hoping that the girl in question would hear her from the other side.

But to her dismay, she didn't get any response so she decided to clutch the door knob, breathing nervously before twisting it so she could take a peak inside.

Her amber eyes immediately bulged when it landed on the most heartbreaking sight she had ever seen. Kim Dahyun was curled up against the wall, hugging the small Davely against her chest as she sniffed quietly which meant she had been crying for a while now. It made Sana's chest clench just by looking at her. She didn't even noticed that the room was a huge mess with a bunch of stuff, frames and even pillows on the floor. She just stumbled towards the smaller girl, hesitating whether she should touch her or not.

“Baby? Hey, I'm here. What's wrong?”

Dahyun looked up with her puffy eyes then shook her head as she clenched her fist. “Can't–”

Sana sensed that the raven haired girl must be struggling so she leaned closer and tried to grab the shorter girl's hands, but it turned out to be a bad idea when the latter jerked up and rejected it then hit her hand instead. The brunette flinched a little, but she didn't care. She had to know what's happening with her girlfriend.

“You don't want me to touch you?” she spoke softly. Of course she already had read something about autism so she wasn't completely clueless at all. She already prepared herself because she knew that this time would come eventually. But all those preparations were thrown to trash when she was put on the spot.

“Okay, that's fine baby. Do you need anything?”

Dahyun whined lowly as she moved her feet slightly, holding tightly on her Davely. “It's– it's a mess. I can't– I ca– mess. Everything–”

She wasn't going to lie, but Sana was panicking a little on the inside. She read somewhere that whenever an autistic person was having a sensory overload, you needed to avert their attention from whatever it was that's causing the sensory issues. But as of now, she couldn't think of one. She felt useless.

“What is–”

When Dahyun started gripping her own hair and quivered a little, Sana knew she couldn't do this alone. She immediately got up from the floor to take her phone, leaving Dahyun behind to call a familiar number. She even struggled on clicking the phone as her hands were slightly shaking from nervousness.

“Hello? Sana-ssi? What's up?”

“Tzuyu? I– I need your help. I don't know what's happening– I don't know what to do!” Sana rambled, panic evident in her voice.