Chapter 48: Ruby & Violet

Warnings: Mention of puking/blood, mention of birth

Look okay, I'm awkward I'm only 18, and the only thing I know about babies is female related.. So I'm sorry if this feels rushed or whatever. At this point I'm having bad writer's block and just want to get this done, you know?

So this will be the last story chapter, unfortunately. However, if you'd like to make a sequel, as I said, you may, just credit me. Love y'all, I'm sorry this took so long and probably ends iffy...

•••••••••••••••••••••

"Hey, love?" Roman says, a couple weeks later. Virgil looks at him. "Mhm?"

"Well, I was wondering, how often would you say you get hungry?" Roman asks. "You mean being pregnant? Uh.. Like.. Maybe every 5-8 hours usually, I guess. Why?" Virgil responds.
"Well, I was talking to my father about it, because I'm curious about all of this, and he said that's quite often for just.. One child."

"...? What are saying?" Virgil asks, tilting his head in confusion. "He um, he compared you to my mother when she was carrying Remus and I; he compared how much you've been feeding to how much she did." Roman says.
"Okayyy..? Still, what-?" Virgil asks. Roman sighs. "He.. He thinks there's more than one child, Virgil."

Virgil blushes. "M-.. So.. Twins? Heh, how crazy would that be, a twin making twins-.. Do you think..?" he asks. "I think it's likely." Roman responds. "Oh jesus christ, I don't know names for two-"
Roman chuckles. "Don't pressure yourself, my love. Perhaps you'll think of names when you see them?"

"Maybe. I hope so, I mean-" Virgil responds with a shrug. "Ugh..."

Roman tilts his head. "What's the matter?" he asks. "It hurts, I'm fuckin miserable-" Virgil mutters, leaning into Roman's chest.
Roman looks at him, putting a hand on Virgil's head softly. "I'm sorry, my love." Virgil sighs. "It's fine, Ro, just- I feel so sick every day, it sucks-"

"You do throw up a lot." Roman says, keeping him close. "Mmm- I hate it too, it's so.. Ugh.." Virgil says.
"I've never thrown up before, I wouldn't know. But it seems awful." Roman says. "Gotta say it's kinda weird throwing up blood and not immediately thinking I'm dying-" Virgil says, laughing a little.

Roman tilted his head. "Can humans do that?" he asks. "Wha- yeah. But it means there's something seriously and/or fatally wrong with you. Same goes for coughing up blood." Virgil tells him. "Huh.. That's interesting." Roman says.

"Y'know what's weird?" Virgil asks, looking at Roman. "Hm?" Roman hums, looking back at him.
"I didn't think the way blood tasted would change after being turned- like before, it tasted all metallic-" Virgil says. Roman looked at him confused. "How did you taste blood before?"

"Biting my tongue or lip mostly, or licking a cut on my finger. Question though-" Virgil says. "Go ahead."
"Do you guys ever like, strictly feed on blood or like, what would happen if a vampire ate raw meat or something?" Virgil asks.

Roman hums in thought, putting a finger to his chin. "Well, that's honestly more something that werewolves do, however I suppose I knew a few vampires over the years who liked to eat such things as well. Usually turned ones, though."

"I see.." Virgil murmurs, leaning on him.

<4 months later, delivery>

"I can hold the other until Virgil wakes up." Logan offered, cleaning up. "Oh it's alright, he'll probably be awake soon now that he's not being sprayed with sleepy gas... Besides, I want to hold them." Roman says.
"As you wish, prince Roman. Shall I go tell your father, then?" Logan asks. Roman shook his head as Virgil stirred a little. "Give us a few minutes, please.." Logan nods and left the room.

Virgil woke up, groaning softly and looking up at Roman. Roman smiles. "You wanna see them?" Virgil nods, holding out his hands. Roman gave him one of the babies carefully, who started fussing.

"Oh, beautiful.. Don't cry hunny, heyyy.. Oh look how precious you are..." Virgil coos softly, smiling at the baby, who opened her eyes and looked around.
"Oh, someone's got daddy's eyes, huh? Oh I think I wanna name you Ruby, like the precious gem you are..." Virgil says, putting his finger up to Ruby's hand.

Roman smiles, looking at the one he's holding. "Ruby is a nice name, my love.." Virgil looks at him and smiles softly. "You can name the other, Roro."
Roman blushes. "Name? For a girl.. How about Violet? It would match her eyes.." Virgil looked a little surprised. "She has-?"

Roman smiles, almost like he was trying not to cry about the babies. "She does.." he whispered, looking at Violet with a gentle smile.
"Violet eyes... But you said those were rare-" Virgil says, holding Ruby close to himself. Roman nods. "They are.." he says, scoffing a quiet, gentle laugh. "Special girl.."

Virgil giggles softly. "You look like you're gonna cry-" Roman chuckles a little. "I just might.. These are really my daughters, Virgil, my children, with you... Of course I'd be emotional.."

A few minutes later, Remus, Romulus, and Lily walked in. Lily immediately ‘awed’ at them, crouching down to look at Ruby. "Hiiii... Oh my goodness, oh you're so tiny..."
Virgil smiles. "This one's Ruby, the one Ro has is Violet.. Wanna hold her?" Lily nods, carefully taking Ruby when Virgil hands her to her.

"Hey thereeee.. I'm your aunt Lily, yes I am.. Oh we're going to have so much fun when you're older, aren't we? I can tell you're going to be a mischievous one.."

Remus went up to Roman, looking at Violet in almost awe. "You know... You're a jerk, I'm not ready to be an uncle, what the fuck do I do-" he says. Roman chuckles. "Try holding her." he says, handing Violet to him.
‘Baby alert, baby alert, fragile being in my arms-’ Remus thought, holding Violet like she was an expensive item he was trying not to break.

"... She... She's got purple eyes." Remus whispered, carefully brushing her hair out of her face. "... Take her back take her back- I think I might break her if I keep holding her-"
Roman rolls his eyes playfully, carefully taking Violet back into his arms. "She's an infant, but she's still a vampire, Remus, you won't hurt her."

Virgil smiles, holding Ruby as she fell asleep. ‘This isn't where I saw my life going...’ he thought, looking around.

‘But it's better than I could have ever asked for..’