Chapter 12: Snow

Virgil blushes brightly. "Wh-.. What-?" Roman just smirks, letting him go. "Go eat." he says. Virgil huffed quietly and stood up, a little off balanced, but nothing too bad.
He walked to the kitchen, grabbing a bowl and spoon because he decided on cereal for breakfast.

‘What the hell? What do I say to that- a brat? Am I really-’ Virgil thought as he ate, blush ever-present on his face. "Someone looks embarrassed~ What'd he do?" Remus said, being nosey as ever.
"It's.. Not really your business, Remus-" Virgil said. "God, you just can't call me Prince, huh? You're lucky you're claimed, otherwise I'd have to teach you a lesson in respect." Remus replied.

Virgil wasn't even phased, knowing Remus for this long now. "The hell you mean claimed?" Virgil asks, taking care of his dishes.
"You belong to my brother is what I mean, I can't touch you. That, and he marked you." Remus says. Virgil paused after putting the dishes away, turning to him.

"What?" he asks, confused. "Well, it's gone away physically to your eyes by now, but he marked you. Right there." Remus says, pointing at the sweet spot on Virgil's neck.
"What do you mean he marked me? How?" Virgil asks, putting his hand to the spot Remus pointed at. "A mark is a bite that will fade to human eyes over a short time, but remains ever-present to a vampire's eyes. A mark basically tells any other vampire to fuck off or else." Remus explains.

"I- I don't remember him ever-" Virgil starts. "Did he bite you when you two fucked?" Remus asks, as if it was the most common thing to ask someone.
Virgil blushes brightly. "That- is absolutely none of your business-" he says. "I'm just saying, that's typically something a vampire will do. The dominant one, or the ‘alpha vampire’, marks their mate while they fuck. I've heard it feels pretty damn good when it happens too~" Remus says, kissing his fingers and waving them at Virgil before walking away.

Virgil blushes more, running his fingers over the mark and gasping quietly. It was way more sensitive than before. He shook it off and went back to Roman's room.
Roman seemed to be reading a paper of some sort, so of course Virgil got curious. "What's that?" he asked. Roman sighed. "Boring royal stuff.." he mumbles, playing with the pen he was holding.

"Care to elaborate orrrr?" Virgil says, moving his hand in a gesturing way. "It's just a note of offered allegiance from another nest- Er, basically another ‘kingdom’, if you will, of vampires. Father gave it to me to read because he apparently had better things to do with his life. Going on about ‘you'll be king one day, you have to learn how to respond to things like this.’- I'm only 214 this is just bullshit-" Roman rants, setting the pen down.

Virgil looks at him, thinking for a moment before walking up to him, resting his hands on Roman's shoulders from behind. "Why don't we go outside for a bit? Get some fresh air?" he offers.
Roman sighs, standing up and turning to face him. "It's below freezing." he says. "So I'll wear layers. Come on, you look like you need a break, my prince. Please?" Virgil pleaded.

Roman stayed quiet, but eventually gestured for Virgil to go bundle up.

•••••••••••••••••••

Once they were outside, Virgil plopped on his back into the snow. Roman looks down at him curiously, making Virgil smile. "If I may, what are you doing?" Roman asks. "Laying in the snow." Virgil responded simply.
"Yes, but why? Isn't it cold to you?" Virgil chuckles a little. "Well, yeah, obviously." Roman blinks at him. "You could get sick-" he says.

"Eh, it'll be worth it. Cmere, lay next to me." Virgil said, nodding his head slightly to the side. Roman tilted his head but lays next to him, looking where Virgil was; at the sky.
"Isn't it pretty? I love when the weather is like this; cloudy but bright, threatening to snow at any minute.. It's relaxing to me." Virgil murmurs.

Roman looks at him briefly before back at the sky. "That's how I am with the night. The ebony sky spotted with distant stars, it's just so beautiful.. Especially on the full moon nights."

Virgil smiles, sitting up a little. "I love Fall because of Halloween, but Winter.. Winter is special to me. Yes, it's cold. But the snow- the way it covers everything like a blanket, it's so.. Pretty."
"You seem very fond of the colder seasons. That's interesting. Most humans prefer Spring, from what I've seen." Roman says.

"I guess, but, it's really just the snow. I.. Love snow. There's so much you can do with it- you can make snowmen, forts, snow angels, snowballs, hell, you can even make ice cream from it." Virgil says, smiling and sitting up a bit.

Roman sat up as well, tilting his head. "You can make ice cream from snow? How?" he asks. Virgil looks at him and smiles. "It's really fun, and good actually. You put a bowl out when it's supposed to snow a bit, then you bring it in the next day and put sugar, milk, and vanilla in it. I've only had it once, at school, but it was nice." Virgil explained.

"Humankind never ceases to impress me." Roman says, smiling a bit. Virgil smiled back, taking Roman's hand and standing up. Roman followed his movement.

"Cmon, I wanna walk around for a bit and admire the scenery." he says. "Okay, I shall follow, my love." Roman says.

They walk around the outside of the castle for a bit, just enjoying each other's company and everything around them. That is, until Virgil started feeling the cold and shivering a little.

"You alright?" Roman asks, looking at him. Virgil nods, hugging himself a little. "Yeah- just um- kinda getting a bit cold." he says. Truthfully, his hands had started getting cold shortly after he walked outside, because he's super temperature sensitive like that.

"We can go inside. You are starting to tick a bit slower." Roman says. Virgil tilts his head. "What?"
"You're heart. It's beating slightly slower than it was earlier." Roman responded. "Oh. Yeah, I think that happens in c-cold weather. The opposite happens when you're t-too hot; it'll speed up." Virgil says.

"Interesting. Well, let's get you inside to warm up, okay? I can carry you if you want?" Roman offered. Virgil blushes slightly but nods. "O-okay."
Roman picked him up and headed inside, bringing Virgil back up to his room before setting him on the bed.

"Ah, numb fingies-" Virgil says somewhat playfully, curling his fingers a little. Roman chuckles, slightly amused. "What?" he asks. "My fingers- I can't feel 'em." Virgil replied.

"Get warm, love-" Roman said, voice normal but face slightly concerned. "I will, I will. Don't worry, I'm not gonna die, my prince." he says, chuckling. "You better not-"
"Oh my god, I won't, goofball. Now shut up and kiss me." Virgil says. Roman smiles a little, leaning close to him. "Don't tell me what to do." he says lightheartedly before kissing him.